Oceania cruises in June 2007

pipster37

We did the Baltic on Regatta, late Aug 05.

Waters were very smooth, and temps pleasant - shirtsleeve was fine most of the time, light windbreaker used occasionally.

Oceania has a great Baltic itinerary that includes the scenic Kiel Canal.

In late May 99, we did the Baltic on NCL's Norwegian Dream. Seas were smooth then, but temps somewhat cooler, with cardigan sweaters helpful on deck to cut the wind chill.

We did the Norway/Baltic in 2003 mid June (different cruiseline) and it was cool to very warm. I had a sweater & rain jacket which did the trick.

Layers are the key. The daytime it was warm in St Petersberg you may need a light jacket or sweather for evening.

We did find any problem with the seas only coming from Oslo to Bergen in Norway. But from Copenhagen to Russia no problem.

My husband and I are interested in the cruises in June that go to St. Petersburg. We enjoy not traveling in July and August. My question is will the excursions be to cold in that region and will the waters be rough. Thank you.

We went on a Baltic cruise a couple years ago in mid June and the weather ranged from cool to warm. We also had drizzle in some ports - not enough to make things unpleasant - but I was glad I had a hooded rain jacket so that as the drizzle stopped and started, I could protect myself from getting wet but still enjoy walking around.

I'm one of those people that's always chilly. Layering was key for my comfort. I brought tank tops, long sleeved button down cotton shirts, lightweight wool sweaters and a couple of spring weight jackets. It was a 2 week cruise and the weather got better as the trip went on.

For rainy days, I wore microfiber/gortex shoes (best ones are by Stuart Weitzman, Donald Pliner or Robert Clergerie) which don't get ruined by rain and then dry quickly.

By the last few days I was able to wear sandals in port and leave the jackets/sweaters on board.

Hope this helps.

Jane

Archived