Sailing out of Seattle. Restaurant suggestions appreciated.

Our cruise will leave out of Seattle. We are staying at the Renaissance and will be arriving about 6 p. m. on Saturday, 7/10. Any suggestions for dining that evening? Would prefer something near the hotel, if possible.

Good question!

We'll be staying in Seattle in August and someone suggested The Fisherman restaurant at Pier 57.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? We're interested in a casual seafood place. Any suggestions?

If you want to go down to the waterfront, I'd recommend either Elliott's Oyster House or Anthony's Bell St. Diner. The Bell St. Diner is more or less within the Bell St. Pier 66 cruise terminal (NCL, transients.)

Up the hill near the Renaissance, there are a number of good places depending on your tastes and budget. What do you prefer? Italian? Seafood? Steaks? Lemme know...

Hi there -

We went to The Fisherman on 6/19 the night before our NCL Star Cruise. It was a disaster. We were seated promptly outside. Our orders were taken efficiently. Three of the six of us ordered the Alaskan King Crab Legs at $31.95 a pop. Within 10 minutes of placing our orders, our waiter arrived with our entrees. Problem was, we had never received the appetizer we had ordered, salads, or soup. He apologized, but still left our dinners, and then returned in a few moments with our salads/soups and put them in front of us. Please believe me that I am not exagerating here, because the King Crab plates had exactly TWO legs each on them. They were medium sized and each had a claw but by no means what we would have expected for King crab. When my husband asked the waiter about the meager portion, he replied that they were plated by weight. I'm guessing it must have been .5 pound at the most. Chicken dish and salmon ordered by others in our group were of more normal portion size. All entrees were good in flavor.

As our plates were cleared we asked the waiter to make sure that the appetizers were removed from our bill since we had never received them. He became embarassed and apologized again, and offered to bring us "a couple of desserts" to make up for his mistakes. At the time, my two teenage kids were walking my toddler nephew around the restaurant to entertain him, so both my hubby and I, and my brother and s-in-law ordered a piece of cheesecake to split... two pieces of cheesecake. When the teens returned about the same time that the cheesecake arrived, they asked the waiter to bring another piece of cheesecake which they would split. He told us he would do that, but the third piece of cheesecake would need to be on our bill because he could only comp us the two pieces. Whatever.

I supposed we should have asked to speak with a manager at some point during our dinner, but it just didn't seem worth the effort. So anyway, I would go out of my way to choose a different restaurant if I were you! Good luck!

Lisa D

Pittsburgh, PA

I'm not exactly sure where the Renaissance is, but near the pier for the cruise terminal, you can eat at Anthony's. It's a very popular restaurant in the Seattle area. It's mainly seafood. We've eaten lunch there and enjoyed the food and service. Outdoor seating is available.

Hi

Mc Cormick's Fish House & Bar, Shuckers, Antony's Pier 66, Six-Seven restaurant ( inside Edgewater Hotel), Chandlers Crabhouse, Dukes Lake Union Chowder, are all good places. ( I don't really care for Fisherman's either)

Good Steak places are the Metropolitan Grill, or Ruth's Chris.

Oh and Ivars if you want more of a moderate priced place!

Hope this helps!!

Fire...What ship? We will be at the Renaissance too! Have a reservation at Tulio. Was recommended to us by a local. She says it is excellent. It is also within walking distance. Have a great trip!

If you want seafood catch a cab to Lake Union and go to Dukes. Or take a cab to Portage Bay and go to Chinooks. Ray’s Boathouse on Shilsho is good, but pricey. Anthony’s on the waterfront is a good value. But for the best experience go to Ivar’s on the waterfront and eat outside.

Archived