Beer Buckets??

Huck

That being the case, why do they allow you to sit at the bar on lido deck with a bottle of Corona?

In all my cruises the bars on the Lido deck did not sell bottled beer. Sorry.

In fact a few, I ordered Corona and they politley reminded me they only serve it in cups.

My husband only drinks Corona. Last year on the Victory (June 2005) he was able to get a bucket of Corona in plastic bottles that almost looked like a small funnel on the top. I really only remember him getting the buckets of these on the late night Mexican buffet so I'm not sure if they offered this every night or not. But I would think if they can get them for that they would be able to stock up on them for all nights.

Just don't think you are gonna see too many babes on board who look like the women in the Corona ads! ;)

but if you come to my pool, there is no way I'll serve you anything in a plastic cup unless you are under the age of 18.

Linda

Just a thought, if glass does get in your pool, you will have to drain it to find it. Trust me;)

NOW YOU'RE TALKIN' !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Evil,

Looks like you'll be cruising the Glory in a few weeks. I'm on 9/23. I'd like to hear your review after the cruise. And by the way, I found a beer bong online that can let you "empty a 12 oz. beer can in less than 3 seconds". It's called the Head Rush Beer Bong. It's Gravity powered, and no glass involved. If only I were a little younger, I'd be real tempted to try this thing. However, I'm now thinking I can empty the '88 Chateau Margaux in less than 12 seconds flat.:D

Linda

Have a great cruise, and please report back, I'd like to know how your cruise went!

Commonly found at sporting events, outdoor festivals, etc. Safer than glass (and cheaper total bottle, I imagine), but unfortunately the beer doesn't quite taste as good in plastic.

Who cares what it tastes like after the fourth 16oz. bottle ?? LOL:p

JUST KEEP'EM COMING!

Have always had Corona's in bottles on Lido deck, only once on the GLory they wouldn't do bucket of Corona's...expaination from staff "Spring break drinkers caused alot of damage with the glass bottles...but that was over a year ago. Conquest served Corona's on Lido deck..didn't need a plastic cup

Agreed on the pouring out. If they have to do this, they shouldn't sell it.

But how do you not see the potential danger of glass containers anywhere near a pool is a mystery to me. If you really think it unlikely that

a) no one will ever leave a bottle unattended,

b) no one will ever drop a bottle,

c) no one will ever cause a bottle to fall to the deck,

d) no one will ever cause a bottle to break,

e) no one will throw a bottle in the pool,

f) no one will ever brandish a bottle, or that

g) the ship will never roll unexpectedly or swerve violently,

(and by "no one" I include the 600-700 people on deck around you) why don't you indemnify the cruise line? Perhaps if you were willing to, and provably could take on this liability the cruise lines would be happy to let you drink from bottles.

There are potential dangers and liability risks but trust me as a past risk manager for an insurance company Carnival has plenty of them.

What stops a person from ordering a drink from another bar and walking with it? Beer or mixed drink? Glass is glass where ever it goes.

I can take a glass of wine from the dining room and walk to the lido deck and the same risk are in effect.

Shanda

Hey Evil,

Looks like you'll be cruising the Glory in a few weeks. I'm on 9/23. I'd like to hear your review after the cruise. And by the way, I found a beer bong online that can let you "empty a 12 oz. beer can in less than 3 seconds". It's called the Head Rush Beer Bong. It's Gravity powered, and no glass involved. If only I were a little younger, I'd be real tempted to try this thing. However, I'm now thinking I can empty the '88 Chateau Margaux in less than 12 seconds flat.:D

Linda

Have a great cruise, and please report back, I'd like to know how your cruise went!

I have one of those for cans and for bottles. Of course, to empty a beer in 3 seconds, you really just need to shotgun it. :D

Thanks ! I will be posting a very detailed cruise review a couple of days after I get back - likely on either Monday the 11th or Tuesday the 12th.

What stops a person from ordering a drink from another bar and walking with it? Beer or mixed drink? Glass is glass where ever it goes.

Shanda

I don't think anything stops people, but at least Carnival themselves aren't contributing to the risk outright.... they are doing their part.

Do you get to keep the beer buckets?

The buckets they use are simple white plastic pails, w/no handles.

They are NOT like the purple play/sand bucket that we bring along on cruises... (Wal-Mart $1.97 or something like that... plus stickers...:D )

Tom

The buckets they use are simple white plastic pails, w/no handles.

They are NOT like the purple play/sand bucket that we bring along on cruises... (Wal-Mart $1.97 or something like that... plus stickers...:D )

Tom

Ohhh!! I thought the colorful bucket was from Carnival! lol

That's a cute idea!! Very festive :D

We got a bucket of 4 Miller Lites. Came out to about $20 with tip and tax...

Just buying a couple of buckets a day would really start to add up on a 7 night cruise! :eek: Now I see why some people sneak their beer onboard. ;)

I am bumping this up to see if someone can answer the question rather than the topic getting sent in a different direction.

OK, If I am going to bring a case of beer on with me, and they are plastic bottles, what brand will fit in with what Carnival serves in the buckets? Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...

On our last cruise I asked about the Aluminum bottles and the Plastic serving methods. The answer was interesting. The two fold answer was this:

1. Safety- one broken glass bottle can clear a pool like a Snickers bar at a clubhouse pool party. Have to drain and clean the whole pool.
  2. Safety #2 if for some stupid reason a fight were to break out, no broken glass bottles.

Not necessarily a bad idea. I know it does not taste as well. I want pitchers of Beer. Even in a night club, a pitcher would be nice. I know they can make a huge mess, but I like draft beer better.

RUF

Archived