Beer Buckets??

Huck

A little tip for the buckets of Corona, order them from room service. Ask that they be unopened and include limes & opener. Then take them to the pool deck. I hate drinking out of a plastic cup.

Linda

A little tip for the buckets of Corona, order them from room service. Ask that they be unopened and include limes & opener. Then take them to the pool deck. I hate drinking out of a plastic cup.

Linda

Yeah, but there's a reason they do that, and it's not just to p*ss people off - do you really think it's a good idea to take your glass bottles to the pool deck?

I'm not sure why Carnival does this. Other cruise lines don't. I don't really see the problem if you're sitting yourself in a chair, drinking a drink out of a glass container. I understand not wanting to deliver drinks from the Lido bar in glass containers in case the waiter takes a spill, but I can assure you there is very little chance of that bottle flying out of my hands onto the deck. And it's silly to pour a bucket of Corona into plastic cups, or cups of any kind. Unless I sucked them all down in 20 minutes, they'd be flat. Actually Carnival should get with the program and get the Corona in cans, situation solved.

Linda

I'm not sure why Carnival does this. Other cruise lines don't. I don't really see the problem if you're sitting yourself in a chair, drinking a drink out of a glass container. I understand not wanting to deliver drinks from the Lido bar in glass containers in case the waiter takes a spill, but I can assure you there is very little chance of that bottle flying out of my hands onto the deck. And it's silly to pour a bucket of Corona into plastic cups, or cups of any kind. Unless I sucked them all down in 20 minutes, they'd be flat. Actually Carnival should get with the program and get the Corona in cans, situation solved.

Linda

My husband only drinks Corona. Last year on the Victory (June 2005) he was able to get a bucket of Corona in plastic bottles that almost looked like a small funnel on the top. I really only remember him getting the buckets of these on the late night Mexican buffet so I'm not sure if they offered this every night or not. But I would think if they can get them for that they would be able to stock up on them for all nights.

Agreed on the pouring out. If they have to do this, they shouldn't sell it.

But how do you not see the potential danger of glass containers anywhere near a pool is a mystery to me. If you really think it unlikely that

a) no one will ever leave a bottle unattended,

b) no one will ever drop a bottle,

c) no one will ever cause a bottle to fall to the deck,

d) no one will ever cause a bottle to break,

e) no one will throw a bottle in the pool,

f) no one will ever brandish a bottle, or that

g) the ship will never roll unexpectedly or swerve violently,

(and by "no one" I include the 600-700 people on deck around you) why don't you indemnify the cruise line? Perhaps if you were willing to, and provably could take on this liability the cruise lines would be happy to let you drink from bottles.

I also agree that Corona should not be served in cups:eek: We found that out on our first cruise. When we sailed Royal Caribbean, the Corona served by the pools was poured into a plastic container. To me Corona is not a Corona unless it is served in the bottle:D So when we are out by the pool we order someting different.

It is just very dangerous to have glass near a pool. If the glass were to break and get in the pool, you can't see it.

That being the case, why do they allow you to sit at the bar on lido deck with a bottle of Corona? And frankly if someone is "brandishing" a bottle we have some other problems. Cruise lines did allow glass containers on lido deck for many many years.

The real issue is probably the time it takes to wash the glasses, as opposed to thowing out the plastic cups. I have yet to see someone break and or step on glass on a cruise ship, but I've seen plenty of falls from standing water on the lido decks, especially the ones with marble. Banish water from pool deck? I think not.

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts. I get your point. Accidents happen. I'll keep my glass off lido deck, but if you come to my pool, there is no way I'll serve you anything in a plastic cup unless you are under the age of 18.

Linda

Archived