NCL web site is HORRIBLE! shore excursions?!?!?

Even before I was an NCL customer, I thought the NCL website was horrible. RCCL, Carnival, Princess...all have very navigable and useful websites. NCL, on the other hand, needs to totally revamp their site because as it stands it is almost useless.

Anyhow, as you can see in my signature, I am booked on the Dawn's Thanksgiving sailing, 11/19/06. I will be in a party of 10. We are looking to see what shore excursions are available through NCL for this Florida/Bahamas cruise. Unfortunately, their is no info for this itinerary on the NCL website (only other, outdated Florida/Bahamas sailings, some not even on our ship).

Does anyone know where else I can find this info, since the NCL website is obviously not going to help?

Thanks!

I would expect the excursions for that cruise with a unique itinerary including Grand Bahama to be posted about 60 days before the first of only two cruises nov 5.

The website is not the easiest to navigate but has more real info then most.

MikeKaye, I agree. I was going to edit my post and add some sort of caveat about not going through the "front doors" of the site once I found the site map.

But I can't figure out how to edit the posting...

The only issue is sometimes the site map is not up to date :rolleyes: Notice the Pearl and Gem info is not linked yet.

Don't feel too bad. No excursions yet for the Sun Winter sailings out of New Orleans, and the first one is Oct. 15th...less than 2 months away....I agree that it's frustrating, but all you can do is wait......

They will post them eventually and you will have plenty of chances to pay way more than you should to ride a bus and look and furners!

Remember, NCL is a real business that will NEVER miss a chance to get more of your money and the tours are a big $money$ maker.

It amazed me in that they don't make the shore excursion available prior to the final payment being due. You would think that they would want to add the shore excursion to the final payment, therefore collecting more money up front.

:cool:

It amazed me in that they don't make the shore excursion available prior to the final payment being due. You would think that they would want to add the shore excursion to the final payment, therefore collecting more money up front.

Charges for shore excursions show up on your shipboard account. It's never bundled with your cruise fare. This way, if a passenger cancels an excursion after getting onboard, it's relatively simple to cancel since you haven't actually paid for it yet (i.e., no refund involved).

With NCL, you do not pay for your shore excursion at the time you make reservations. Shore excursions will be added to your on-board account so you really don't pay for them until you settle the on-board account.

We sail in about 45 days and our shore excursions still aren't posted..

Seems like last year they posted them about 2 weeks away from sailing..

Ours didn't show up at all in "repositioning". We found it under "Europe" after a bit of hunting.

BTW, apparently you will be boarding the Dream when we leave her. We'll try to leave her in good shape. ;)

Well,that does not help me for 2006! Seems they would have them there a few months a head of time. Thank you Shoreguy. I would be planning right now and then realize later that they were not up to date. Guess I will have to wait and keep checking the site.

Well,that does not help me for 2006! Seems they would have them there a few months a head of time. Thank you Shoreguy. I would be planning right now and then realize later that they were not up to date. Guess I will have to wait and keep checking the site.

It could help with planning but not booking. The tours normally don't change much. This was the one for winter 2005/2006

http://www.ncl.com/download/faxback/6306.pdf#search=%22ncl%20jewel%20shore%20excursions%20%22

Marissa,

I totally agree with you that the shore excursions for NCL are difficult, no make that impossible, to find. We're going on the Dawn on 10/29/06 and can find very limited info. We've sailed three other lines and shore excursions were highlighted on them, not hidden. What gives? Come on NCL, get with the program!

Terri

We recieved our cruise doccuments for the 10/14 sailing of the Dream last week. Inside were a list of shore excursions with descriptions but no prices (booked through NCL website). They aren't listed on the shore excursion website either. If they aren't posted by the end of August I am going to look at private excursions. NCL isn't worth the hassel and wait. If they can figure out what to offer they sure as heck should be able to figure out how much to charge less than 60 days out. Complete incompetence.

Keith

We are sailing 10/29/06 on Dawn. We would like to book our own excursions but can't find much online. Meeting friends in Orlando at the first port but for the rest we need ideas. Maybe just grab a cab and see where it leads...

For what it's worth - I (along with my travel agent) have been trying via phone to get in touch with NCL for the past few days.....she still hasn't gotten through - I just lucked up.

Latest word (as of a few minutes ago) concerning Caribbean excursions - should be posted beginning of September.....

We can only hope...

Archived