Me and my spanx.....

Bigdasher

Took the plunge today and brought a pair (£25!!). After I had picked myself off the floor, I walked home and excitedly showed my husband the new lingerie. Well.....I got the ones that go right up the waist, and halfway down my legs. Trying them on was like putting on very tight jeans..there I was on the floor, legs akimbo...eventually got them on.

Yes, I do look slimmer, yes, they do not roll up or down.

But a big question. The crotch!..There is a deliberate gap there. What is it for? - ventilation, or is is meant to be the equivalent of crotchless panties? ( not that I would know)

Am I sopposed to wear a pair of panties under them, or let my foo-foo blow to all four winds?

I suspect that some readers may be of a nervous disposition, so in respect to them, I have not attached photos of my dilemma - no amount of pretty pleases will alter this decision!

Bigdasher

Took the plunge today and brought a pair (£25!!). After I had picked myself off the floor, I walked home and excitedly showed my husband the new lingerie. Well.....I got the ones that go right up the waist, and halfway down my legs. Trying them on was like putting on very tight jeans..there I was on the floor, legs akimbo...eventually got them on.

Yes, I do look slimmer, yes, they do not roll up or down.

But a big question. The crotch!..There is a deliberate gap there. What is it for? - ventilation, or is is meant to be the equivalent of crotchless panties? ( not that I would know)

Am I sopposed to wear a pair of panties under them, or let my foo-foo blow to all four winds?

I suspect that some readers may be of a nervous disposition, so in respect to them, I have not attached photos of my dilemma - no amount of pretty pleases will alter this decision!

Bigdasher

The package says the crotch construction is to make it easier to use the restroom ( as apposed to wrestling the thing back up in a small bathroom stall-LOL). So, I thought, "Oh that's convenient! " Well, when I took them out of the package, I thought, "There's no way on God's green earth that you can use the restroom through that space without getting some on you!" So basically, I don't know what the purpose is..........

Bigdasher

OMG!!!!ROFLMAO!!!

Pretty PLeeeeeease?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

rada - my packaging doesn't say that! - but they are the real thing.

Better start wearing them now, and getting some "target practice" in, before I wear them with the posh frock....

BD

Well, now that you mention it.....the package actually says to make it easier when "nature calls". Maybe I should have been thinking more in a naughty mindset?! LOL

I love how high the waist comes up, being short bodied I can actually tuck it under my bra band. But I am trying to picture having to navigate the ladies room stall, holding gown up, grabbing sides of opening and targeting correctly. Since I am one of these unfortunate few to who nature calls frequently, it's a frightening prospect. I haven't quite figured this one out yet, but hey! I'll be looking trim & slim, just don't ask me to move too quickly.

I almost feel cheated, my Spanx have a crotch sewn in :o

If you wear panties over the Spanx, it almost defeats the purpose of the Spanx, not just to hold you in, but eliminate panty lines, no??? I guess you would have to either go commando, or (wearing the panties underneath) pull the panties to the side, like when you wear a one piece bathing suit.

Arrrrgh, and men complain about having to put on a measly tie :D

I tell you girls, this post pales into insignificance, compared to one over on the Princess board, posted by houstonpartycouple. The gist is, that he wants to know if his wife can wear a micro-bikini:

http://wickedweasel.com/usd/bikinis/default.asp (not for the feint hearted)

And to add interest this couple are a pair of swingers.

Now, if we thought the missing crotch in the spanx were obscene, we haven't lived!

To wear one of these your foo-foo has to be a "kojak". Speedos are winter wear by comparison....

BD

I love how high the waist comes up, being short bodied I can actually tuck it under my bra band. But I am trying to picture having to navigate the ladies room stall, holding gown up, grabbing sides of opening and targeting correctly. Since I am one of these unfortunate few to who nature calls frequently, it's a frightening prospect. I haven't quite figured this one out yet, but hey! I'll be looking trim & slim, just don't ask me to move too quickly.

Here's my question: If you do manage to "go" using the opening, how are you supposed to, you know, "do the paperwork"?:eek:

I didn't spend the $$ on Spanx but bought the Hanes equivalent. They were on sale for $9.99 and take me down a dress size. I love them!:D

I tell you girls, this post pales into insignificance, compared to one over on the Princess board, posted by houstonpartycouple. The gist is, that he wants to know if his wife can wear a micro-bikini:

http://wickedweasel.com/usd/bikinis/default.asp (not for the feint hearted)

And to add interest this couple are a pair of swingers.

Now, if we thought the missing crotch in the spanx were obscene, we haven't lived!

To wear one of these your foo-foo has to be a "kojak". Speedos are winter wear by comparison....

BD

I went there yesterday just to lurk. What a hoot. I must admit it gave me a voyeuristic chuckle! Takes all kinds. Later that eve i was telling my husband about it and was not surprised to see the thread had been pulled. As mentioned that entire discussion was to find another couple with "like ideas"

Nadine

The reason there is no crotch in these is to help with circulation and ventilation in the foo foo reigion. Your to wear elasticless (is that a word?) cotton panties underneath the sausage casing. Just make sure the panties work with it so you dont have the pantie lines.

Marilyn - what do you mean by sausage casing?......my mind is boggling!. do you mean next to the skin?

AS I have no non-elasticated knickers ( everything is now jumbo armourplated reinforced), I will have to go "au naturale" under my spanx on friday night. Pray I don't get drunk and end up in a street brawl....(as if) ;o)

keep them coming!

BD

Marilyn - what do you mean by sausage casing?......my mind is boggling!. do you mean next to the skin?

AS I have no non-elasticated knickers ( everything is now jumbo armourplated reinforced), I will have to go "au naturale" under my spanx on friday night. Pray I don't get drunk and end up in a street brawl....(as if) ;o)

keep them coming!

BD

ROTFLMAO !! Wow! Now I am not sure what YOU mean by "next to the skin" I was refering to the Spanx as being the sausage casing to hold us together as the sometimes lambs intestins they use to stuff the sausages.

As to not having non-elasticated knickers, I guess I used the wrong word. The panties actually do have elastic but not with aaaaaaahhhh, I dont know how to explain this. The elasitic is really wide and thin and actually sewn into the material verses the 1/4 inch peice of elastic that is sewn ON the panties.

Did that make sence?

BD

Thanks for asking this question. I got my spanks a few weeks ago and haven't had the occasion to wear them yet. I do think they were meant to be worn commando, something that is not really my style. (Although my DH swears by it. I know I know, TMI) So I'm looking forward to your experiment Friday night.

Archived