Me and my spanx.....

Bigdasher

The package says the crotch construction is to make it easier to use the restroom ( as apposed to wrestling the thing back up in a small bathroom stall-LOL). So, I thought, "Oh that's convenient! " Well, when I took them out of the package, I thought, "There's no way on God's green earth that you can use the restroom through that space without getting some on you!" So basically, I don't know what the purpose is..........

The thoughts that are running thru my mind

Good Lord!

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! It just goes to show that "what goes around, comes around??" Or, that "idiocy skips a generation??"

Listen to you girls talking about spanx! You'd think you just discovered the wheel!

My mother and her mother called them girdles. And their grandmothers called them corsets! Horrid, nasty things. They defied blood circulation and natural digestion. Horrendous to get on.....impossible to deal with in the powder room......and a real challenge to wash and dry them discreetly. Sound familiar?

In the 60's, our mothers and grandmothers were horrified that we'd "leave home without them." Much less, show up at church without our girdle! We suffered their admonitions and we stood up to them! No more "numb buns" for us! A little exercise....and much later liposuction was thankfully invented and we were free!

And, now in my later years, I come across this thread and find a bunch of grown-up women happily discussing buying a "foundation" that NOW not ONLY goes up to your armpits?.....but down to your ankles!?!!

Far prettier material, I"ll grant you. But, still a major pain and an impediment to any kind of spontaneity and romance. And.....somebody's still in for a surprise dose of reality at the end of the day!?!!!

What a world. :)

I must say I agree. Though the material is most likely more comfortable than those old models (I was just a babe in the 60s so not really familiar with them) but as someone who, when I was heavy, found even pantyhose to be an unnatural and uncomfortable restriction on the circulation, anything that goes up to my bra and down to my legs is absolutely out of the question!! I've been at a much healthier weight now for 4 years, but I still would never ever want to wear such a garment. Though I will admit that pantyhose are less uncomfortable now at least.:o

Originally Posted by Sun Catcher

Good Lord! ...

And.....somebody's still in for a surprise dose of reality at the end of the day!?!!!

What a world. :)...

I guess that is the point I was trying to convey :p

Is it really worth it in the end??? :confused:

A~

Hey - if it makes all the jiggly stuff stop jiggling and gives me a smooth look, then it IS worth it all! I grew up (HS/College) in the late 60's, early 70's and back then we always wore girdles - and stockings - pantyhose came along in the late 60's I think it was and wow - a whole new lease on life! The girdles back then were hard as a rock and left big indentations everywhere they touched, but they "kept it all together" - didn't matter how big or how little you were, it was the proper thing to do. Of course, we had to wear dresses or skirts to school - there was no such thing as wearing pants or heaven forbid, jeans! The only people that wore jeans anywhere were people from farms! Oh, how the times have changed..........and I am so grateful that they have changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my Spanx today - :D No problems getting them on at all - and they do smooth out things. Now just have to find a new gown to wear over them.........no luck so far, but I am looking! They also are NOT uncomfortable and I got the ones that hook onto your bra and go to midthigh - I will tell you, no jersey dresses or those stretchy material formals, the Spanx lines on legs show through the dress, no matter what the color :eek: .

thankyou my fashion bug got the best of me,ha,ha, I think I have worn hose more than 5 times in the last 5 years most likley for a nice events, they are SO uncomfortable, are these more comfy???? (they always come up so high on the waist), thanks again.

Jo

thankyou my fashion bug got the best of me,ha,ha, I think I have worn hose more than 5 times in the last 5 years most likley for a nice events, they are SO uncomfortable, are these more comfy???? (they always come up so high on the waist), thanks again.

Jo

Jo these were made to be comfortable . They have a special patent on the fabric . No spill over on your stomach or lumping on the thighs as others do. They even make low rise pantyhose .

thanks again:) the low rise sounds PERFECT for me, since its getting colder already here in CO, I best get ready, got some new long underwear this week, last year we were too late in finding some so I froze.. Would a store like TARGET have these, I live close by there.

hugs

Jo

The Spanx I got are NOT pantyhose - it is more like a body shaper - goes from bra (has straps to hook on bra so it doesn't roll down) and mine comes to mid thigh. Spanx is a brand - they also have panty hose, panties, upper body shapers, lower body shapers,etc.....-go to www.spanx.com to read all about them. Enjoy!

Archived