Pier in Barcelona

Although we haven't visited Barcelona on Celebrity, we have been there many times on HAL, Princess and Wind Surf and have shared your frustration trying to find out in advance where we would be docking. Some suggestions to help you find the info you need are:

1) If you haven't already done so, post your question on the Celebrity board -> more likely to get responses from people who have visited Barcelona on your cruise line.

** Make sure you specify whether Barcelona will be an embarkation/disembarkation port for you or a port call mid-cruise. This can affect the docking location of some ships.

2) The location of cruise piers has been frequently discussed on previous threads on this board -> do a search and you'll find them. The link below is one of them, but I know there have been others.

IIRC, other posters have indicated that the size of the ship may determine which location it can dock at.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332686

3) check website for Port of Barcelona - haven't looked at it lately, but most ports have a website that indicates when/where ships are scheduled to dock

4) Finally - unless the replies you receive from other CELEBRITY cruisers indicate that your ship has NEVER docked anywhere except one pier in Barcelona, be prepared that the docking location can change at the last minute. On several occasions we have rec'd info at ship's port lecturers' presentations and/or in the ship's program the night before arrival in Barcelona telling us that we would dock in one location, only to find ourselves tied up elsewhere when we got up the next morning. On our most recent visit, several months ago, the captain himself said he only found out about the change in assigned docking location when the pilot boarded.

Hope this helps.

We were there on the Carnival Liberty in May. I understand the berths near La Ramblas are for very small ships.

Larger ones have to dock about a 30 minute walk from La Ramblas. The Liberty was in one of the last berths in the newer, farther away port area.

I think you won't be docked near La Ramblas. I would guess if the ship has about 2000 passengers (I'm guessing the Century does) you're at the farther location.

When we got into the cab we were told that our dock was at one place but as we were driving , I saw our boat at the other dock --- where we were NOT going . All we did was turn around, no big deal. Just head to the docks if you are not familiar and keep your eyes open for the logo on top!!!

Worst case, you'll turn around like we did!

We were on a smaller ship at the dock at the bottom of Las Ramblas.

On the thread above from Sumguy it shows on the website '1E' for the Century on October 6th. This is shown on the 'Forecast', then look at 'Month' to find your ship. It's still a little confusing though as 1E doesn't appear to exist, although I've seen QE2 at the same dock just over the bridge in the past (where the ship in the photo is, and that is showing as '1D' so I guess all the big liners are in that location.

Does this help at all?

Archived