Barcelona-Where do the cruise ships dock?

The cruise ship dock (Moll D'Adossat) that Celebrity uses is approx. 2 kms (1.6 miles) S.W. from the bottom of La Rambla. We took a cab from our hotel near Placa Catalunya to the pier and the cost was 13E including tip.

You can also take a shuttlebus from the bottom of La Rambla to the pier.... not sure what the charge is, but it's not very much.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000ApCJT7SH-_0ZukN46grNFJ2:1051tg5ge?faqSubjectName=Directions&faqId=432&pagename=faq_answers

If you indicate which ship you will be arriving on, you may get more specific information. The previous poster indicated where Celebrity docked and, from what I have observed on many cruiseship visits to Barcelona, this is where most of the larger ships do dock. However when we have arrived on Wind Surf and also on a smaller HAL ship, we have docked at Moll de Barcelona which is just slightly east of the bottom of the Ramblas, right at the World Trade Centre. The size of the ship and whether Barcelona is an embarkation/disembarkation port or just a stop on a longer itinerary can make a difference.

• 1 month later...

There are two locations as I was in Barcelona this past fall. Many of the cruise ships are now using the docking area that is across the way from a bridge. While you could walk on the bridge it really is a longer walk and I would recommend a taxi or a shuttle bus if the latter is avaiable during your stay.

Keith

The Carnival Liberty docked "over the bridge". It's where all the very large cruise ships dock. Hubby and I walked over the bridge and down several streets (there are signs ointing the way) to Las Ramblas. Took about 30 minutes. Not a big deal if you like to walk.

Archived