Trans. from air to port?????

lalapet

We are booked for a carnival cruise this Nov 04 ( WOO HOO!!!!! ) We just booked it yesterday. kind of a last minute spree! My question is, does the cruise line pick you up at the air port or do we have to get to port ourselves?

I am going on Carnival Fantasy next month and the cruise line offered transportation from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral, but it was $50pp round trip. I put "transportation Orlando airport Port Canaveral" in a google search and found lots of options. I chose one of those that will be $165 round trip for us, instead of $250 thru Carnival.

WOW thats ounds very high for a carnival shuttle.

You didnt say which ship you are taking or what port. It varies greatly. The cruise lines do supply a shuttle for the airports to the pier but in some places a taxi is the cheapest fastest way possbile.

What ship? and what airport?

As long as you're flying into an airport fairly close to the port, I'd take a cab. While the shuttle service is less expensive, you generally have to wait for the shuttle to fill up before you leave which can take some time from what I've heard. Most airports and ports have a website if you do a search on them and you can generally find out on there what the fare is to major points of interest like the ports.

A ride from the airport to the cruise ship terminal (or back the other direction) is called a transfer. Transfers are add-ons to your cruise package -- you either already bought transfers, or you already declined them. If you're not sure, check your paperwork or call your travel agent.

Usually you can save money by providing your own transportation. You can call ahead and schedule a limo to be there when you land, you can grab a taxi once you've arrived, or you can rent a car one-way.

You didn't ask, but I'm going to throw out another piece of related advice: Consider flying in a day early. If your flight is delayed, you could easily miss the ship. You can fly in the night before and spend the night in a hotel near the port. The next morning you can leisurely take a hotel shuttle to the cruise ship terminal.

Archived