Renaissance - FLL

booze brothers

Need feedback on the Renaissance in FLL. Looks like it's a 4*. Thanks for any help. We have reservations at the Sleep Inn for $99., but our son said we may be able to get the Renaissance for about $80 on priceline. Should we try?? I know we have free breakfast and transportation provided at the Sleep Inn.

Mimi - We got the Renaissance two years ago for $75 on Priceline (4*downtown). Hotel was very, very nice!! Great location on 17th Street and within walking distance of lots of restaurants, liquor store, & Walgren's is across the street. The pool was on the small side but when we were there it was very quiet with maybe 2 or 3 other people. We enjoyed having pina coladas by the pool.

Are you trying to get it for our October cruise or your November back to back?

Dee

Mimi - We got the Renaissance two years ago for $75 on Priceline (4*downtown). Hotel was very, very nice!! Great location on 17th Street and within walking distance of lots of restaurants, liquor store, & Walgren's is across the street. The pool was on the small side but when we were there it was very quiet with maybe 2 or 3 other people. We enjoyed having pina coladas by the pool.

Are you trying to get it for our October cruise or your November back to back?

Dee

Dee, it's for our b2b in Nov. I told Andrew to go ahead and try $80. He said some people were hitting it on priceline for that amount. I'll let you know. Mimi

We have found that the time of year for a booking has a great impact upon the price.

Next Spring prices are very high - right now they are much lower.

To our dismay, we are looking at April - Very High Everywhere for a nicer hotel.

Good Luck!

Read and understand the information on biddingfortravel.com before you use priceline. Some people are getting Renaissance for $60 so at least try for that price. You didn't mention which dates you are trying for.

Also read the priceline "sticky" thread at the top of this forum.

Read and understand the information on biddingfortravel.com before you use priceline. Some people are getting Renaissance for $60 so at least try for that price. You didn't mention which dates you are trying for.

I would agree with this advice. Some of the online sites have a "No Cancellation" policy.

We feel much better booking directly, or through our TA - we are not very computer savvy, so the bidding sites seem alien to us.

We would like to know exactly which hotel we would be bidding on prior to winning a bid. This scenario leaves a little to be desired for us.

I'm glad it works so very well for many of you.

It would be interesting to know exactly which dates folks are getting these lower rates.

Lou, I have read the "sticky" but I'm not the one bidding. Our son is a wiz at this and has always gotten us a great hotel through priceline. I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. He knows what we like so I leave it up to him. Our date is Nov.24, 2006 We love trying new hotels and I'm always amazed at the knowledege on these boards. Andrew bid $80. no good. Think I'll tell him to try $60. Thanks for all the great info.

FLL seems really tricky right now for bidding for both Hotwire and Priceline. A few weeks ago - Renaissance opened up for a few days on Hotwire but they can't be found anymore. Bidding for Priceline lately has been short term with bids in Sept/Oct being won but past that for the downtown zone is pretty rare.

It would suprrise me if you win for $60 for FLL Downtown. I can see it in Sep/Oct which is full hurricane season but by the end of November you are almost out of Hurricane season and more ships have returned to FLL....

FLL seems really tricky right now for bidding for both Hotwire and Priceline. A few weeks ago - Renaissance opened up for a few days on Hotwire but they can't be found anymore. Bidding for Priceline lately has been short term with bids in Sept/Oct being won but past that for the downtown zone is pretty rare.

It would suprrise me if you win for $60 for FLL Downtown. I can see it in Sep/Oct which is full hurricane season but by the end of November you are almost out of Hurricane season and more ships have returned to FLL....

Plus, it's Thanksgiving weekend!!; At least we have the Sleep Inn as a back up.

Our next cruise is the end of March - spring break. We did get lucky on way pre-cruise night - $112 at the Renaissance on Hotwire but like Coral said there is currently no sign of the Renaissance on Hotwire.

For our post-cruise the hotel prices are far above $200 for a 3* and the Renaissance is at $359. We had a hotel booked just in case but finally got a 3* beach area (Sheraton Yankee Trader) for $140 through Priceline . . . have never paid that for a hotel through PL but it must be the time of year. We actually went up to $170 for a 4* Downtown but it was never accepted.

Time of year definitely has something to do with it but being a teacher I can only go certain times of the year.

Archived