CB 8/12 - 8/19 review

mseldga

mseldga great review we are going on CB in dec again can not wait did you check out the movies under the stars? My wife and I really loved that on the ship.

That was my one disappointment . . . I had really looked forward to MUTS, but there wasn't a movie playing at night that I really wanted to see that week. We did go and see the first half of Over the Hedge which we liked, but we'd seen it already with our kids and hated to rewatch a movie while there were other things to do. We loved the experience with the popcorn and all and I think it would have been a trip highlight if there had been a movie we were interested in seeing at night. We did watch parts of several movies during the day.

Serene56 - Our room steward put the balloons up for our anniversary. We put down the date of our anniversary on our cruise personalizer at princess.com before we left. There were a ton of people with balloons on their doors for birthdays, anniversarys, just married - we even saw one Happy Graduation! We also got a card from the maitre' D asking us to let our waitstaff know about our anniversary that evening - they sing to you in the dining room and bring a special desert. And they sent my husband a 15% discount to Diamonds International along with a letter hinting that he might want to get me a diamond for our anniversary. He just laughed.:(;)

one more question...

I noticed all reviews say the embark lucheon is the buffet... our first and only cruise on the orginal pacific they had an 'open seating' in one of the dinning rooms..I take it they don't do that anymore?

I'm slighly disapointed as I thought it was cool since no other cruise line did that.

I have not been on a cruise that the dining room is opened to serve lunch on the first day. All hands are on deck (so to speak) to help the passengers get their luggage and get accustomed to the ship.

Archived