Liquor Confiscated Upon Return?

jakenashleysmom

I'm curious on the percentage of people that return to the ship after a day in port with liquor in their backpacks, and have made it through, or have had it confiscated. I'm thinking instead of risking putting it in my suitcase (wine in particular), I could probably purchase something decent in Key West, and or Grand Cayman, and attempt to bring it on board. I'm wondering the odds, that will determine how much money I spend on said bottle of wine! I'm especially curious on recent cruises, now that the airlines have tightened up on liquids.

thanks for your input, and sorry if this question has been covered before:rolleyes:

I'm curious on the percentage of people that return to the ship after a day in port with liquor in their backpacks, and have made it through, or have had it confiscated. I'm thinking instead of risking putting it in my suitcase (wine in particular), I could probably purchase something decent in Key West, and or Grand Cayman, and attempt to bring it on board. I'm wondering the odds, that will determine how much money I spend on said bottle of wine! I'm especially curious on recent cruises, now that the airlines have tightened up on liquids.

thanks for your input, and sorry if this question has been covered before:rolleyes:

First of all, liqour of all kinds is very expensive in Grand Cayman so am not certain you would gain much. As for confiscating it, right now it seems like the reports are pretty good, not much taken, but this may change. Good luck whatever you decide. NMNita

Depends on who is manning the x-ray machine when you come back on board. I have bought liquor in different ports for consumption at home and I got through no problem. Kept it in my room instead of having it held for me. My niece and her friend stopped in Key West and bought a case of beer and carried it on and to their cabin with no problems.

Last year we bought lots of small bottles of flavored rums in Grand Cayman, and the store, which was right by the pier, would only deliver directly to the ship. And if you did not purchase a few hours before departing, they would not sell it to you. I am not sure if all of the shops in the town were like that, so check around before buying. By the way those bottles made great gifts when we came home and they were fairly reasonable.

Theresa

Last year we bought lots of small bottles of flavored rums in Grand Cayman, and the store, which was right by the pier, would only deliver directly to the ship. And if you did not purchase a few hours before departing, they would not sell it to you. I am not sure if all of the shops in the town were like that, so check around before buying. By the way those bottles made great gifts when we came home and they were fairly reasonable.

Theresa

And now we know the reason they are duty-free....

Archived