Water Taxis In Venice

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF IT IS BETTER TO PREBOOK A WATER TAXI IN VENICE ONLINE OR TO WAIT AND GO TO THE DESK IN AIRPORT ARRIVALS OR TO SHUTTLE (IF THEY HAVE PUT IT BACK ON) TO THE DOCKSIDE WHERE THEY ARE WAITING. I AM DOING A PRECRUISE IN VENICE FOR THE 30TH AUGUST MILLIE SAILING. IF ANYONE HAS PREBOOKED BEFORE DO THEY SHUTTLE YOU THEMSELVES TO THE WATER TAXI OR DO YOU USE AIRPORT SHUTTLE. AM STAYING AT THE RIALTO HOTEL (HOPE IT IS OK.) READ SOMEWHERE THAT THE WATER TAXIS DONT LIKE TAKING VOUCHERS (NOT SURE WHAT THESE ARE).

THANKS FROM UK :p :) :D

Howdy syljo!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information. However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members find information about using Cruise Critic's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Europe Forum where it will be on topic. I hope you will be able to find it in the new location! Your fellow Cruise Critic members should be able to help you with more information there.

Also, as a friendly reminder, here is some info from our Guidelines:

ALL CAPS

Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF IT IS BETTER TO PREBOOK A WATER TAXI IN VENICE ONLINE OR TO WAIT AND GO TO THE DESK IN AIRPORT ARRIVALS OR TO SHUTTLE (IF THEY HAVE PUT IT BACK ON) TO THE DOCKSIDE WHERE THEY ARE WAITING. I AM DOING A PRECRUISE IN VENICE FOR THE 30TH AUGUST MILLIE SAILING. IF ANYONE HAS PREBOOKED BEFORE DO THEY SHUTTLE YOU THEMSELVES TO THE WATER TAXI OR DO YOU USE AIRPORT SHUTTLE. AM STAYING AT THE RIALTO HOTEL (HOPE IT IS OK.) READ SOMEWHERE THAT THE WATER TAXIS DONT LIKE TAKING VOUCHERS (NOT SURE WHAT THESE ARE).

THANKS FROM UK :p :) :D

We used the kiosk in baggage return then rolled the bags to the dock and were taken immediately to our hotel.....no problem!

Here is what trip advisor says about the Hotel Rialto.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d205795-Reviews-Hotel_Rialto_Venezia-Venice_Veneto.html

It looks like this hotel is right off the Grand Canal near the Rialto Bridge which is a great central location in Venice.

Here is the "official" web site for the hotel.

http://www.rialtohotel.com/en/index.htm

I'm assuming since you are leaving on a cruise you will be like us and have a lot of luggage that will need to be transferred to the hotel and then again to the ship. As I mentioned in another Venice post, Venice is not luggage friendly so a water taxi to the hotel and then again to the ship would probably be easiest on your back but will be expensive.

Welcome to the boards and have a great next cruise.

Thanks Kat,

It was my first post and when i realised i had posted on the wrong board i tried to move it but didnt know how...

You are most welcome!

I'm sorry, but I have bad news for you regarding you being the one to move a post. Only Hosts or Moderators can move or delete a post.

For future reference in case you ever accidentally post on the wrong forum again or make a double post, there is an Edit button in the bottom right corner of your message right after you post it. However, the button is only there for 20 minutes. During that time, you can click on it to open the edit screen. On the edit screen, you can clear the message (backspace over it) and then type in a new message such as "Please excuse my post on the wrong forum" or "Please excuse my double post". Be sure to click the Save button when you are done. Just remember, you only have 20 minutes and then the Edit button will disappear from your post.

After the Edit button time expires, any edits, deletions, etc. to your posts must be done by a moderator or host. You will need to contact them via e-mail. All should have their e-mail address showing in their signature. The moderators or hosts assigned to certain forums are listed under Moderators in the lower blue bar next to Display Options on forum pages. If you click their name, it will bring up their profile showing their signature. In your e-mail, be sure to give your user name and the title and location of your post.

If no moderator or host is listed on the forum where you made your post, you can click Contact Us in the yellow bar on the bottom of all Cruise Critic pages. You will find the instructions for sending an e-mail on the various topics listed there. The e-mails are answered in the order received. Please remember, with over 209,500 members at the time of this post and e-mails being received 24/7, you need to be patient for a reply.

Hope this information may help you in the future and glad to be of service!

Kat 050103cat_prv.gif

We did the same with an extra day in Venice. Bought ticket at the airport, expensive but worth it. Check with your hotel to see if they can take you directly to your hotel. Our hotel was off the Grand Canal and they told us they could bring us right to the hotel, taxi told us they couldn't, yet when we left from hotel to ship and the hotel called taxi, they came down the small canal and got us. Suggest you ask hotel if they could recomment a water taxi company they use who knows hotel. Not familiar with hotel, we stayed at Al Ponte Moncenigo, can't say enough about this place. We go back to Venice just to stay there again! Water taxi cost about $100 and than we still had to drag our luggage to the hotel up and down steps, so try and be sure to go directly. We were there this past fall. Loved Venice. Good luck!

I just booked a water taxi to take us to our hotel and then from the hotel to the port. I booked through airports-shuttle.com They are the "middleman" for various water taxi's. They assure us that we would be taken directly to the port without a transfer to a land vehicle at Piazzale Roma which some of the other companies are doing.

I had originally contacted Venice Guide and Boat but they were much more expensive and didn't go directly to the port. Their fee to the hotel was also higher.

Fortunately our hotel has a private dock so we will not have to worry about hauling our luggage.

Many thanks SA Traveller, i had already booked with airports-shuttle .com to get a water taxi from the airport to the hotel (Rialto), so i got back in touch with them and they confirmed that they could also take me from the Hotel to the Cruise terminal direct by water taxi like yourself. Lets hope they are telling the truth. Have a gd cruise, i am on Millenium 30th August.

Can you please give me the complete address for airports-shuttle.com because when I put it in my browser that way, it won't come up. From 2 other companies I wrote, they take you by water taxi from hotel to Piazzale Roma then you transfer to a land taxi to get to dock as water taxis are no longer allowed to go to the dock. What is the rate you were quoted on airports-shuttle.com from airport to hotel and hotel to dock?

Gloria

booked on Grand Princess 10/7 Venice-Barcelona

Thanks, SA Traveler. That's the link I tried and it won't come up. I was quoted a rate directly from the motoscafivenezia of 100E from airport to the hotel and 60 E from hotel to Piazzale Roma car terminal where we can get a land taxi to the dock for around 15E. I just wondered if your service was less expensive. After travelling for over 20 hrs, I don't want the hassle of taking public transportation and lugging our suitcases to the hotel when our hotel, Ca Formenta, has a dock.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from millenium cruise venice barcelona. booked through airports shuttle.com from marco polo airport to hotel rialto shuttle to water taxi then water taxi to hotel was 100 euros. also booked from hotel to cruise terminal, they said the water taxi would take me direct to the port but it actually took us to piazzale roma then transferred to land taxi to port 80 euros. I have to say however that it was very well organised, the land taxi was waiting for us at P Roma and they helped with our luggage, also it dropped us right outside the luggage drop at the terminal which i dont think the water taxi would be able to do. Just looked at the website again and noticed that the prices have gone up 10 euros each way. Great way to do it if you dont mind the cost.

Archived