Celebrity Expedition Aug. 6-14th

Dorothy & Morty

We are back from a marvelous trip to Galapagos and Quito. Celebrity pulled out all the stops and made this trip exciting and educational. The seven naturalists on board were very knowledgable. All in all, the entire Ecuadorian staff were warm and friendly. They couldn't do enough for us. After 14 trips on the zodiac, it became so easy for me. We met people from Scotland, Canada, Caracas, Mexico and all over the USA. There was an older woman who had just become a widow. She dicided to come anyway all by herself. Everyone looked after her and gave her so much attention. There were many snorkeling activities for those who wanted to go. Our pictures of the wildlife were amazing. We'll never forget this trip. Hope you all will get a chance to go too. :)

Dorothy & Morty

Sounds like you had a great trip! We're booked for the end of November. Are you going to be able to share any of your pics?

Morty and I took some great shots. We drank lots of Blue Footed Booby drinks, some red footed too. We have the recipe. The animals were amazing. I took the medium-low excursions while my husband took the strenuous ones. One trip there was 357 steps to climb. I did not do that one, but Morty did. I think the first two days getting around was the hardest. Lots of big stones and hard to walk at times. The animals discovered were in the process of courtship and we have film footage on the Albatross, Blue Boobies, and lots more. We're not professionals, but the films that came out were pretty good.

Dorothy & Morty :) :)

Sounds like everyone had a great time! Was there any sickness on your trip? How about lost luggage on the flight into Quito?

We had no lost luggage from Quito, they didn't check weights. But they did take some carryon luggage away from us. If you can, just ship it all through. There was one person who had a few things missing from her luggage. There were some people who were ill. The water temperature was extremely cold even with wetsuits etc. Perhaps that was the reason. Not sure. There are some who had to see the doctor who was lovely. The fees were so reasonable, not like other ships for those who had problems. This sweet lady even visited some people. We had about 82 or so on our ship. Percentage of those ill was not high.

Please ask any questions. My e-mail address is mrs_z@bellsouth.net

Dorothy & Morty

Archived