Roll Call--Pride Dec.16th-23rd

Martita B.

airships,

I would certainly make a car/driver reservations now for Dec. 23rd. I am making my reservations for Jan. 6th....just do not want to stand out in the street for an hour "hailing a taxi" to the airport.

Ships docked in Port Everglades Dec.23rd.:

Seabourn Pride

Carnival Liberty

Costa Magica

RCL Enchantment

QM2

RCL

Regal Empress

Sea Princess

Star Princess

2 Holland America ships

The Broward Airport will be a nightmare I'm afraid:confused: ~~~not much better on Jan. 6th~~~~:eek:

Martita

Matt,

Thank you so much for your most generous offer~~friends who live

(winter months) on S. Ocean Lane also offered to "fetch" me, but

the plan now is for me to arrange a car/driver from the pier to their condo, have a bite of breakfast, then they will take me to the Airport later in the morning.

My only salvation is I am shipping my luggage home from the Pride so I will just have my purse:D .....NO standing in baggage lines!:mad:

Thanks again!

MB

Hi CruiserTN! I have been in and out of town and am just checking in on the latest Seabourn rollcall postings. I appologize for the late reply. I would love to talk to you about Memphis, cruising, etc. I hate to give out my main numbers and e-mail over this site since anyone can read it. However, this is a number we rarely answer, but we'll have an answering machine hooked up to. Please leave your contact info there. My info is nine zero one five seven nine nine three two zero. Hopefully you will check this site again before our trip, if not we'll see you on board!! It is coooooold here! I am looking forward to soaking up some rays on the sea!!

Cheers!

Heather

Johnny,

Yes, "the more Sailor's aboard the more fun we'll have!":p

My favorite Carib Port is 'lit ole St. Bart's, so I'm looking forward to having a Red Stripe at 'Le Select and people watching. Will saunter in Goldfinger's and do a 'lit duty free shopping......(NO, not

their expensive, divine jewelery:confused: )

Are you spending a few days in Bridgetown before boarding on the 16th?

MB

We will arrive in Barbados on the 14th. We want to be fully rested for the lifeboat drill on the 16th!

I agree with you about St. Barths - it's my favorite, but Prickly Pear is a close second (and I've even been known to have a good time on Nevis;) ). I like to think this "repositioning" itinerary has the 1-2 punch!

We have prearranged a jeep for independent exploration in St. Barths. So many beaches, so little time.

johnny

Johnny,

We (my brother and his lady friend are joining me) will fly into Barbados on Dec. 14th, as well. Staying at The Coconut Court Beach Hotel and have plans to go to the fish fry (Oistins) on Friday night.

It's suppose to be a bigggg "Island thing!" I've never been.....we're just going to try it~~~:confused:

Will shop downtown Bridgetown Friday~~~~my brother has an Owner's suite and we're going to Woolworth's for Christmas decorations for his "digs!" :rolleyes: (my decorations are packed and on their way)

See 'ya at the Sky Bar~~~I'll be "perched" on my stool.....far right,by the kitchen service door.

Have a safe flight!

Martita

Johnny,

Please come join us at the world famous 'fish fry! I'm sure the location is easy to find.....we'll probably catch a Taxi from the hotel. From everything I've read about the fish fry it certainly sounds most interesting~~~the locals go, so the food must be good!;)

MB

I checked the location of Oistins and it's located between the Airport and Bridgetown on Highway 7. It's right across the street from KFC and between the bus terminal and the Oistins Fish Market and jetty.

The locals also sell Barbados crafts, etc. at the fry.

Hope to see you!

Martita

UPDATE as to Friday's Oistins fish fry.

New location is just north of the former site....in the "car park!"

We'll probably go on Dec. 15th....hope to see you there!

Martita

I'm adding Oistins to the itinerary! I'm sure we'll be able to follow our noses if we get disoriented.

johnny

>"On Jan. 6th, 9 ships~~~~"

it's a little late for me to be posting, but perhaps not everyone has left yet. I agree with Martha that in such a case, you should book a car if you have a flight before 1300 at FLL. I appreciate it's a lot of money for such a really short trip, but trust me; both the port and the airport will be horrendous. I made the same decision on the Sunday after Easter last year and was sooooo thankful to have done it. I would never have gotten a cab from a queue in time, and there were less ships in port then.

Jane (home and still rocking a bit)

Archived