Roll Call--Pride Dec.16th-23rd

Martita B.

Sailor's, anyone booked for this Pride Caribbean Yacht Havens week? I think most CCer's have booked the Dec. 2nd and 9th sailings. As Captain Geir-Arne will not only be "drivin'" the Pride ship, he'll also be "terrorizing" us driving the banana boats during our Prickly Pear Island "family picnic!" Carumba!

Happy trails and sails!

Martita B.

Hello, Martita!

Sadly we will not be joining you on your cruise but happily we will be on the Pride from 2 - 16 December with lots of other CCers! :)

Do you know whether Captain Geir-Arne will be at the helm of the Pride on our sailings too?

Cruiserbunny

cruisebunny,

I'm not certain as to the exact Dec. date Captain Geir-A will take the helm of the Pride~~~he's vacationing in the Philippians right now but I'll probably be receiving an e-mail from him when he returns to England.....I'll let you know. He did tell me he'll be "drivin'" the Pride until Jan. 24th (South America)

The Captains of our Sister's are all rearranging their ships schedule

with the upcoming changes.

Happy Sailing!

MB

• 1 month later...

Anyone on the Pride Christmas cruise? Dec. 23rd, Ft. Laud to Ft. Laud? Should be loads of fun with Captain Geir-Arne at the helm,

plus David E. Greene and Jan Stearman as Cruise Directors!

I'm hoping Cheffy Markus is cooking~~~he is excellent! (the food on the recent Pride Crossing, we all agreed, was THE best ever!)

Happy/Safe weekend

MB

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!!

Well, after a great surprise from my wonderful fiance, we are booked on the Dec. 16th cruise from Barbados to Ft. Lauderdale for my 40th birthday! I love being at sea, and I have been hoping to go on a cruise with Seabourn one day! I am really looking forward to relaxing and having some interesting conversations with new friends. I just completed a big move from Aspen, Co to be with my fiance in Memphis, TN! A big change, but a good change, and I will be ready to relax with no boxes in sight!

I would like to get to Barbados at least a day or two in advance. Does anyone have any recomendations of nice hotels? Also, how far away is the airport from the cruise terminal? Any tips on Barbados (things to do, great restaurants, etc. )would be appreciated.

I have been researching Seabourn on Cruise Critic for a long time. I am so excited to be finally booked on a dream vacation. My fiance and I love to travel!! We look forward to meeting the other fellow travelers soon! Any advise is welcomed! Thank you!

My wife and I will be onboard again this year on the 16th for our anniversary (but she does not know it yet ;) ). Coming in the day before is a good idea, problem is checkout time is well before embarkation. I would suggest the Hilton. It is very nice, and if you ask they have a "hospitality" room that you can book in a 1/2 hour block after you check out. Give your luggage to the bell captain and go hang by the beach, then use the hospitality room to shower and get ready around 3:00.

I enthusiastically recommend "The Cliff" restaurant. Make sure you get your reservation well in advance (ask your TA or the concierge at the Hilton to help) so you can get a seaside table.

Also since you will be near Bridgetown anyway, the "Atlantis" submarine tour is actually quite nice.

See you onboard. My wife will be the one looking surprised (I am attempting to get her all the way to the ship before she realizes we are on the "Pride", she thinks we are going to stay in a bungalo I booked on eBay :eek: I made a fake listing and eMails with a picture of a rather ramshackle looking small hut LOL. Evil I know, but fun!).

Schnauzerpup!-

Thank you for your reply and advise!

I am so excited for your wife! That is just the sort of thing I like to do! I am sure you are going to be extremely appreciated for the "upgrade"! What fun!

Looking forward to meeting you both! I'll be the one with the super big smile on my face!! My fiance has never been on a cruise and was not sure about the cruising world. He likes sailing in small sailboats. I think he is going to love it! He is getting excited, but not as excited as I am! Yea!!!!

As to lodging on Barbados, a few of us will be staying at a small family owned hotel, "The Coconut Court Beach Hotel." We've stayed here previously and always have a great time! It's not "The Ritz"......just a charming, reasonable property right on the beach and well located. We use their "car/driver service to the hotel, from the airport and then, to the cruise pier. Service is excellent!

There are many good restaurants to consider. I hear "The Cliffs" is a not to be missed restaurant. Also, "The Brown Sugar." We're planning to go to the "Friday Night Fish Fry" on Dec. 15th~~~~and

of course, will stroll a'round downtown Bridgetown on Sat. The open-air market is fun, as well.

Plan on being spoiled rotten while aboard the beautiful Pride Castle!

See 'ya at the Sky Bar!

Martita B.

Heather -

You said you just moved to Memphis....my husband and I live in Germantown!! We are veteran cruisers and travelers... Would love to talk "cruises" and travel with you. Where can I email or call you?

P.S. - Are you still "culture-shocked" after the adjustment to Memphis?LOL

Leslie;)

• 2 weeks later...

Dan,

Which segment will you be aboard the Pride~~Dec. 16th or the Dec. 23rd Christmas cruise?

We always congregate around the Sky Bar upon embarking~~the fun and festivities start there as the band plays and we sail away!;)

See 'ya there~~~

Welcome to our Seabourn Family!:p

Martita B.

We will be boarding in Barbados on December 16, and disembarking at Fort Lauderdale.

My son and I have cruised together often, but this will be our first time on Seabourn. (We are big QE2 fans for the "classic liner factor," I had a great time on Radisson/Regent, and we were disappointed with Silversea. So it's time to give Seabourn a try!)

Be sure to say hello!

Dan & Matthew

Dan and Matthew,

You might enjoy bringing a 'lit Christmas gift to your sweet Stewardess or pickin' up a small present in Barbados for her. These adorable gals work night and day to make our voyages more enjoyable and comfortable. (the Boutique aboard is quite limited in inexpensive fun gifts) I'm taking cute tree ornament's for the Crew....they will enjoy hanging these in their cabins.;)

Looking forward to meeting you~~~will see 'ya at the Sky Bar, Dec. 16th during the "Sail-a-bration!" (my stool is the far right one by the service kitchen door~~~by the soft drinks, lemons, limes, cherries and napkins! Also right by the fire door!):confused:

Happy Trails!

Martita B.

Wait a minute.... that's my stool. That way I can see who comes out of the door to the stairs and Constellation Lounge! Oh well, I will defer and take the next stool over :)

Any Scrabble players on the Pride for the 16th? We will have our board as always if anyone wants to get up a game or two.

"Pup",

Sorry! That stool has an engraved plaque underneath it with my full name enscripted!!! ;) ha ha ha I sit there to "mind" my Monkey family who sail behind the Bar in the liquor's~~~yep, Mr. Monk, girlfriend,Sal Gal, (Captain T.T. brought her to Monk, from Devil's Island a few years ago) and their baby, Pinkie. It's quite funny as if I do not bring the Monkey's, on a particular morning, the Bartender phones me in my Suite to inform me that certain Guests would like for me to bring the Monkey's ASAP......'cause they want to play with them!!:p

So I dress them (yes, they have luggage, too) and away we go~~~

On the Pride, in the past, nearly all Guest's brought their Critter's.

We use to have "Stuffed Animal Cocktail Parties".....up in the constellation Lounge. 'Oh 'those were the days~~~~

Pleeeze feel free to sit on the next stool by me.......you may need to

Monkey sit~~~~he he Oh, bring a 'Critter with you!:)

MB

Rotty,

GOOD to see you posting! Pleeeze join us more often~~~:p

To answer your question, yes, it is possible~~~~I will be wearing my burial shroud, of course, my tiara and I'll be in a casket!!!:eek:

"Bump Up the fun" is my motto!

Book and come join us~~~

Miss Martita B.

Disembarking guests on the Pride, Dec. 23rd, Port Everglades, might want to consider arranging transportation from the Cruise Pier now, as I checked their ship schedule and there be 11 cruise ships docked on Dec. 23rd.:confused:

On Jan. 6th, 9 ships~~~~I think I'll need to arrange private car transportation that Sat......

Martita

If the airport is like it was on our last trip--I would arrange transportation in advance--the airport was a zoo--so you want to get there as early as possible. We belong to the Delta Club or the time spent waiting would have been rough--not many places to sit down in the main area. Good luck!!!

Archived