Ship board credit

sccruzzer

Wondering if you find out your River cruise price dropping...Can you get a Ship Board credit like they do on Ocean cruises....Or do they ever drop in prices? Also I think were are close to deciding on Avalon Waterways. Would love to hear anyone's experience with this company. How's the food on board and do they have any type of entertainment in the evenings? Also how's the weather like in December? I know it's cold. But is it miserably cold that you can't do much walking around outside. We are thinking about going on a Christmas time cruise. Thanks all for any comments you would like to share:)

sccruzzer,

No, usually there are no major last minute drops on river cruises. In fact many of the cruises are sold out by the time the printed brochure is sent out (especially the Christmas cruises).

As I said before it´s usually about freezing point (32°F) in December, can go up to 50°F. Expect cold, rainy or snowy weather. Sure you can go out and do some walking. We have to living there all year round :D !!

For Avalon and Christmas cruise use the search on this board and search for "Avalon" and "Christmas". There are a lot of threads on this board covering all your questions you might have.

steamboats

sccruzzer,

No, usually there are no major last minute drops on river cruises. In fact many of the cruises are sold out by the time the printed brochure is sent out (especially the Christmas cruises).

As I said before it´s usually about freezing point (32°F) in December, can go up to 50°F. Expect cold, rainy or snowy weather. Sure you can go out and do some walking. We have to living there all year round :D !!

For Avalon and Christmas cruise use the search on this board and search for "Avalon" and "Christmas". There are a lot of threads on this board covering all your questions you might have.

steamboats

Thanks again Steamboats...You have given me ALOT of helpful information! By the way, where do you live in germany? I was born in Sembach, have a german mother , was adotped by an american family. About 10 yrs ago I found my bioligical mother....She lives now in Arkasas, USA Would love to one day go to the town I was born. Again Thanks:)

Brigitte

Archived