Misook Dress/Jacket

katree

Jane, I can't remember exactly what happened, but there was a thread that got pulled where I felt that someone was referring to me in a less than complimentary light. I am thick-skinned enough to ignore it, but I did stop talking about my clothing. I thought whoever it was thought I was making things up.

Well I hope that person is either gone or has learned to shut up.:D Talk about your clothes, I'm all ears! :)

The weight loss, now that's something I love to talk about! Four years ago I was diagnosed with impaired glucose tolerance which is insurance-speak for pre-diabetes. I got good and scared since my mom had died two years earlier from diabetic complications (kidney failure) at the age of 68. My family medical history is awful and being so overweight was like walking around in a ticking time bomb. I went to the diabetes center and met with a dietician twice. Lost the weight over the course of a year by eating the right kind of food at the proper intervals throughout the day. I have managed to keep most of it off. I did not do exercise or surgery.

Wow, kudos to you for being so pro-active and nipping a potential problem in the bud! Again, many congrats!

--Judy

I got 2 outfits for a total of 47.00:D everything was

30% off the sale prices! Anyone heard of NAPA VALLEY

Petites? They have some cute stuff! I got a new skirt and top

and a pair of slacks and blouse to match. Living in Florida,

these 2 particular outfits will work at least 6-7 months out

of the year for me!!!

Sounds like you and Esther had great days at the sales. Congrats to you both!

Judy congrats on your weight loss. Enjoy your clothes. I have learned some good points since joining this board. I can't afford some of the things mentioned about enjoy reading about them. My list of things for the future include some of things mentioned on this board.

By the way, did you combine exercise with your diet changes.

Judy congrats on your weight loss. Enjoy your clothes. I have learned some good points since joining this board. I can't afford some of the things mentioned about enjoy reading about them. My list of things for the future include some of things mentioned on this board.

By the way' date=' did you combine exercise with your diet changes.[/quote']

No, I didn't combine exercise with my diet. I had been working out with a trainer for over a year and lost nothing, except some tissue in my knee. I was told to quit the gym because of my knee. I never went back to the gym and was totally focused on my new way of eating. My rheumatologist (sp?) wants me to do an arthritis program which is nothing but water work. Then, we get into the bathing suit issue:eek::eek::eek:

--Judy

• 1 year later...

Just adding to the misook love. I have been able to get two jackets at Nordstrom rack for $90 each and filled in with black pants and black shell from ebay. My goal is to get one new piece a month- either on sale at Norstrom or through ebay.

I like the look of the Misook knit, but for some reason it doesn't feel very good to me. If I find a piece I like at the right price, I might overlook that issue, though:o

Count me in as another who loves St. John--I was borrowing it from my stepmom before I had any clue what it was:rolleyes:

I'm going on my first Century Cruise (4 nights Pacific NW). I have a huge collection of Misook and I think it will be OK for most nights, but would the jacket on the left below (with a long dress instead of the pants) be OK for formal night?

[ATTACH]27393[/ATTACH]

TIA

Katie

It looks very attractive to me-not everyone wears formal gowns on formal night-even on our constellation transatlantic I saw most women dressed more after 5 and was really surprised that only about 25% of the men wore tuxes.

Archived