Dress Code for Evenings

Darspurs

[quote name='Tinknock50']Personally I would forget about the coat.......and I agree he will look better dressed than most men on informal night with his nice shirt and tie.[/quote]

To add to my own post:) .......

I always admired fellow cruisers that were only in a sport coat, dress pants and tie even on fomal night because maybe thats all they have. I think its the effort that matters to me.

The same goes for just dress pants, dress shirt and tie on informal night. That attire shows they made the effort to look "special" for that night as opposed to just wearing casual wear.

I don't agree with the idea , that if you can afford to cruise, you can afford to buy or rent a tux or dark suit. Might have been true 20 years ago, but not anymore. To purchase something you may never wear again makes no sense to me.

I just love to have more people enjoy cruising as much as I do, and that includes the less than wealthy people out there.:)

[quote name='AlohaPride']So, is this ok, or do we REALLY need a jacket for the informal nights?[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Mary, it's not like there will be a violation of the "nothing overboard" policy if your DH doesn't wear a jacket on informal night, but he really should wear one to be correctly dressed. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]The thought that wearing it in NYC under a topcoat will keep him warmer is a good one to keep in mind. DH could wear the sportcoat on the plane coming/going. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[INDENT][quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Pretty sure the Rev is refering to the province of Friesland in the northern part of the Netherlands;) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Where there are gutters along the sides of the roads so that the Frieslanders can swing their arms when they are out walking.

As told to me by a Rotterdam pilot many moons ago!!!!

Stephen

[/INDENT]

[quote name='PRINSENDAM'][INDENT]

Where there are gutters along the sides of the roads so that the Frieslanders can swing their arms when they are out walking.

As told to me by a Rotterdam pilot many moons ago!!!!

Stephen

[/INDENT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Well, they do speak a funny language up there but I'm still not gonna touch the knuckle dragging part with a ten foot pole:D They have their own sail boats too you know, plus they have races in them [COLOR=navy]"skûtsjesilen" (traditional boat races). [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][URL="http://www.holland.com/global/index.html?page=http://www.holland.com/global/events/skuts.html"]http://www.holland.com/global/index.html?page=http://www.holland.com/global/events/skuts.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='PRINSENDAM']Where there are gutters along the sides of the roads so that the Frieslanders can swing their arms when they are out walking.[/quote]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]You mean like orangutans? Sorry, I've had a few too many cosmos tonight & am just trying to get the mental picture. :) [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sunshine91'][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]You mean like orangutans? Sorry, I've had a few too many cosmos tonight & am just trying to get the mental picture. :) [/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Knuckle draggers![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Tinknock50']I always admired fellow cruisers that were only in a sport coat, dress pants and tie even on fomal nights because maybe thats all they have.

[/QUOTE]

Actually HAL welcomes a jacket, tie, etc. on formal nights. The HAL dress code says a tux or suit are not required on formal nights.

[quote name='Opinions']Actually HAL welcomes a jacket, tie, etc. on formal nights. The HAL dress code says a tux or suit are not required on formal nights.[/quote]

Yep, it sure does.:)

So guys, don't feel like you have to rush out and buy a suit or buy or rent a tux.

Also noticed on another thread that the Zaandam didn't have an "informal" night on a 7-day Alaska cruise..... just 2 formals.

[INDENT][quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Well, they do speak a funny language up there but I'm still not gonna touch the knuckle dragging part with a ten foot pole:D They have their own sail boats too you know, plus they have races in them [COLOR=navy]"skûtsjesilen" (traditional boat races). [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

And Friesland dogs have flat heads from chasing parked cars!!!

Just joking or course.

Stephen
[/INDENT]

Archived