18 year old AO question & Arcade info please.

Hi all! I have been asked to pose 2 questions for my mom before we set sail on the FOS in November and if anyone could answer them it would be fantastic......

1) My nephews (just turned 18 and 17) are cruising with us, will they let the 18 y/o participate in any part of the teen programs (dances/movies etc) ?

2) My mom is apprehensive about them running up large tabs in the arcade - does anyone know how the payment in the arcade is (ie. how much to play each game, automatically charged to the sea pass ?)

;) If anyone knows the answers it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

No clue about participation in the youth activities. I was on the ship in 2002 so they may have changed things, but I doubt it. You could slip a 20 dollar bill and get a card with $20 credit or and this is the part your mother needs to worry about I could slide my card into the token machine and load it with with unlimited credits on my sail pass charge card. :D In other words she needs to check her options to limit what the boys can use their cards for. The other answer is she can monitor charge activities from the room or at the front desk and when she sees the $200 arcade bill she can throw them over the side. Whatever works for her is good with me!:D The games I played were probably a $1 a game. It doesn't take long to burn serious bucks.

jc

i was on a cruise last year and they will let the 17 year old in but if the 18 year old wants to go then just tell everyone he is 17 as well that is what me and my cousin did

Great to teach a young person to lie.

First, remember the cruise lines have the age of everyone on board. They are very strict about the ages in AO, especially the teenagers. Their liability exposure for letting 18 year olds in is high.

As for the arcade, it is typically a dollar a play or more. If you allow charging with the room key they can use that, without signature, to buy tokens. Beware. They can also use cash.

As for the arcade, it is typically a dollar a play or more. If you allow charging with the room key they can use that, without signature, to buy tokens. Beware. They can also use cash.

the games in the arcade on fos take seapasses only - no tokens, no cash

Great to teach a young person to lie.

First of all, that's a little dramatic, don't you think? I'm pretty sure an 18 year old has already formed their opinions on what's right and wrong...

First, remember the cruise lines have the age of everyone on board. They are very strict about the ages in AO, especially the teenagers. Their liability exposure for letting 18 year olds in is high.

T'is a good point here. If the cruise lines really want to know how old your nephew is - then there's really no way to get around them realizing that he's 18. Maybe he could lie and say he's 17 and get away with it. Who knows, they must not check all the time or else Missy wouldn't have mentioned it!

We ALL know how good the cruise lines are at enforcing policies! :D

Except that, at check-in at the pier, they punch one hole in the card of 18-20 year olds, and two holes in the card of anyone under 18. No holes in the adult card, unless you want one for your lanyard!

They often check SeaPasses at the entrance to the teen club.

They often check SeaPasses at the entrance to the teen club.

And they sometimes punch another hole to make sure that security has checked you already!

As to the arcade question, prices vary. Arcade credit can be added via cash or SeaPass. If your mother is concerned about a very high SeaPass tab, she can set a limit at Guest Relations.

Hope this helps,

Archived