Spanx big night out!

Bigdasher

OK .. I got the kind that hook to the bra too .... I just can't figure out how they hook to the bra??? Loop in the spanx .. hook on the strap .. loop on the other end of the strap... so someone explain to the technically challenged how that works .......Please !!!!!!!

Kathy - mine came with a photo of how to attach them - it was on a tag attached to the Spanx - I think there is a photo at spanx.com. I was worried because dateacher said hers has a thick seam down the front that showed through - does yours have that seam? Mine does not, the front and back are smooth......except for the part around the butt that has some interesting circle thingies - it is supposed to "lift" you - I didn't see any difference in that part of me - just that it is smooth and the lumps and bumps are gone........:D

My friend bought a Spanx last year and got her husband all hot and excited when she phoned him on the way home and told him we'd been shopping for "crotchless panties." Imagine the look on his face when he saw her for the first time, decked out in her High Power Spanx, and had envisioned quite a different panty!!

Yeah, you can imagine how DH-to-be's eyes lit up when I told him that sometime between now and our honeymoon, I wanted to go shopping for something called "Spanx"!! :eek:

:p

Tammie

Well ladies......my spanx came today and the first thing I had to do was try them on and see how my clothing would look. I bought the "higher power". It definately smooths out the bumps. I'm wearing them as I sit at the computer and they really aren't that restrictive. I even did a trial run for the 'necessary room'. It was a little odd but it really did work.....not a drop on me. I put on some dress pants and no panty line. I've used girdles before and this is so much better. Ok girls....what are you waiting for??????? Go for it. I got mine at Ariva.com for $34 and free shipping. So, there ya have it :D

OMG! I just sat here and read this entire thread...you ladies crack me up! I love the honesty.

I have known of or about spanx for about 3-4 years through QVC. I have never tried them though. My mother talks about them all the time, but I do not think she has tried them either yet. Well, with my upcoming cruise, I am thinking about trying them out. I have a flowy dress for one of the formal nights. I do not want to wear nylons (caribbean cruise, wearing strappy heals). However, I do want something to make me feel 'kept in', other than just plain panties. I saw that there are some at target, and even Lane Bryant is selling them now. I will be going out this weekend and getting a pair for myself...you all have convinced me!

Thank you ladies for all the information, and definitly for the laughs! :)

I have heard of Spanx before but after reading this thread I JUST HAD TO HAVE EM!!!!! I ordered the higher power from Spanx.com I love them. I need to be in the room by myself to put them on tho. What a sight that must be. That is one sight I will keep from my DH LOL One thing tho, I have nails, (not acrylic), but my own nails. It is hard to pull them up with my fingernails. Any suggestions?

I have heard of Spanx before but after reading this thread I JUST HAD TO HAVE EM!!!!! I ordered the higher power from Spanx.com I love them. I need to be in the room by myself to put them on tho. What a sight that must be. That is one sight I will keep from my DH LOL One thing tho, I have nails, (not acrylic), but my own nails. It is hard to pull them up with my fingernails. Any suggestions?

cotton gloves?

I just found this thread too! I laughed so hard I was crying and my husband was looking at me like I had lost my mind.

I have heard of spanx but was unsure if it was worth the money. I think you may have convinced me. One question though; do the leg bands make your thighs look like they are two sauges joined together? Every girdle or body suit I have purchased cut into my thighs and made them look awful. I am not a large woman but my thighs are my problem area. Stockings are the only thing I have found that actually smoothed and thinned without cutting into my thighs.

On another note. THE ITCHIES!! I know this doesn't sound appealing but I stop them with alcohol.:rolleyes: I have found if I spray my bikini area with alcohol after shaving I don't get the bumps and itchies. It does burn for a minute but much better than breaking out.

Oohhhhhhh...........spraying alcohol on the itchies sounds so painful! For those of you thinking of trying Spanx, I got a pair last week - the ones that go from bra to mid thigh - I didn't have any problems getting it on - kinda like pulling up panty hose. And it does smooth out the lumps and bumps......tomorrow I am going to put them on and try on my evening clothes (leaving on the 16th on X Constellation NE/Canada) and see what fits...........anyone else have that problem? I swear I am one of those people that can gain 5 lbs in a week without doing anything different than I normally do! I have friends who NEVER have to worry if a certain outfit will fit "today" - not me, sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't so I have a wide variety of sizes in my closet. On one cruise, one of our tablemates said she tried on her formal outfits the day before she left and all was well - but by the 2nd formal night (this was a longish TA), nada -she couldn't zip it up - I feel her pain.............that could well happen to me! And if it does, oh well, there is always the Lido or whatever where we can eat. But I am hoping my Spanx will make things fit a little better - one lady who bought them said she could now wear a "slinky" dress - oh how I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I think I might be joining the Spanx brigaide! After hearing everyone talk, it sounds like just the ticket to make me look better!

Oh, for the "itchies," I discovered this shaving cream called Coochie Cream from a co called Pure Romance. It works wonderfully - no bumps, no itchies.

Josie 1968- Are the Lane Bryant ones "crotchless".

After reading this thread & laughing my a$$ off, I looked in the mirror & it was still there :mad: , so I order Spanx from Lane Bryant on the internet. Can't wait for them to come. Will lock the bedroom door when trying them on!:eek:. Should have them in a week. Cruise is on 11/7, so I have some time to "test run" them.:p

I'm not someone who needs to wear spanx but after reading this thread have had this picture in my mind that they look like a polish sausage with legs and feet...

I saw them at Nordstroms this afternoon, it reminds me of the girdle my mom used to wear when I was a kid. It's funny I always knew when mom and dad were going out because when she hugged me she felt stiff and she smelled good! :) Menina

Josie 1968- Are the Lane Bryant ones "crotchless".

After reading this thread & laughing my a$$ off, I looked in the mirror & it was still there :mad: , so I order Spanx from Lane Bryant on the internet. Can't wait for them to come. Will lock the bedroom door when trying them on!:eek:. Should have them in a week. Cruise is on 11/7, so I have some time to "test run" them.:p

This thread is hysterical!!! Thanks, I really needed the laugh after a rough couple of weeks at work.

I'm curious about the sizing. If it's too tight, it will remain unused in my underwear drawer. Do you order your true size or a size larger?

Thanks!

I bought the next size up as I was close to the borderline; however, I have [former] athlete's thighs (they were once rock hard, but are now jello soft :eek: - OMG that sounds gross), and I know everyone else on this thread has said one size down, but also have admitted they have no thigh/hip issues :( (oh to be so lucky). So I think you should stick with your size, and most are returnable if you have only tried them on and have all the tags and receipts.

Now it's everyone else's turn.

I went with the sizing according to height & weight. I was also borderline (about 5lbs into the larger size) They fit and do hold everything in and smooth out bumps but they were fairly easy to put on &I don't feel like a susage. more importantly they are comfortable to wear! I did a test run to a wedding to make sure & was comfy all evening. So I would order by size.

Debbie

Oh, for the "itchies," I discovered this shaving cream called Coochie Cream from a co called Pure Romance. It works wonderfully - no bumps, no itchies.

Probably located right next to Boudreaux's Butt Paste (for diaper rash). An actual product found in Wal-mart and made in Louisiana. You can also get the cream at ticklekitty.com This thread has been entertaining and enlightening. The things that are done for beauty.:p

Dave

Anyone ever try the camisole? My butt and belly are ok it's the loose flab around my middle that shows under clingy material ( I lost 25 lbs and the result is flab no amount of working out helps.. too old !)

Archived