ft lauderdale flight not till 1530hrs

mattR

What is the best thing to do in Ft Lauderdale fro a few hours? Ship gets in at 730 and our flight isn't till 1530. The Cruise line excursions seem pretty $$ and not that exciting. Any suggestions on what to do with our bags.

You could rent a car and stash your bags in the trunk while you do some sight seeing. I think most of the car rental places will shuttle you to the airport when you are done, you can check on that. Some people rent a hotel room for the day and hang out by the pool etc. That might be tricky though if they only have late check in times. Again, you'd have to check.

We are having the same problem.......our flight doesn't leave Ft Lauderdale until 7:45pm. We looked at several options. We weren't able to find out if there are lockers at the airport, so we eliminated that. A rental car is a good option, if you can find your way around. However we were finally able to find a day room at a Ft Lauderdale hotel, where we plan to lounge around the pool. Check-in is at 10:00am and out at 4:pm. A shuttle will pick us and our luggage up at the airport and return us before our flight home. I also saw on the boards where someone was able to find a day room at a Miami hotel......Good Luck.....Make the most of your extra day of vacation.....Nightingail.

Finding something to do with our luggage,our last day, was the biggest problem we had with planning our trip. I have made several calls about a day room. We were finally able to book one at the Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport. The cost is 65.00. They will pick you up at the airport and return you also. I think the check-in is at 10:AM and check-out is 4:pm.(The only other day rooms I found were at the Comfort Inns but they said you had to call from the airport and if there was a room available you can get it, but no guarantees.) If you decide on this, you have to call the Holiday Inn direct......954-925-9100...Ask for Kirk Pfister...or email him .....kpfister@princebush.com......Good Luck......once you get the details down you can have fun planning how to spend your days on the cruise.........Nightingail.

there is no luggage holding area at airports since 9/11- the few that i have seen have been inside the screening area after your carry on has been xrayed--would personally go with the hotel for the day since they have free shuttle service

Sijid, Let me know if you were able to get a day room....I am just curious....seems like I spent weeks trying to figure this thing out!..Sounds like you will have plenty of time to take in the sights at Ft Lauderdale. There is a place called Beach Place I heard about....supposed to be shops and beach all right there. I also heard there are water taxis and a free shuttle bus in the area, too!...When are you going and what cruise line?.......Nightingail.

NIghtingail, yep, a whole day. I haven't tried to get a day room yet. Since the hotel would kick us out at 4:00, my fiance thinks we might want to rent a car and see the sights instead. I ordered a "what to do in Ft. Lauderdale" brochure, so we'll see if there's anything fun.

We're sailing on Celebrity Millenium January 16, for our honeymoon. First cruise for both of us!

Archived