Using airline mileage

pipster37

Oceania usually gives free air. We have taken it twice. Once it was fine, the other time the layovers were terrible. We would like to do it on our own. Does anyone know how you go about getting the credit from Oceania and making airline reservations possibly upgrading to business class with miles? Thank you

Just book "cruise only" you will get the air credit deducted from the price.

You could also pay the deviation fee $75. pp and still use the free air package only this way you get to choose your flights.

We are doing air ourselves with frequent flyer miles. They gave us a credit of $600 per passenger plus credit for their additional charges. They tack on several hundred dollars in charges if you take their air. I don't remember exactly what our net credit was but seems like it was around $900 each. Check with your ta or the cruise line.

We are doing air ourselves with frequent flyer miles. They gave us a credit of $600 per passenger plus credit for their additional charges. They tack on several hundred dollars in charges if you take their air. I don't remember exactly what our net credit was but seems like it was around $900 each. Check with your ta or the cruise line.

:)We did our "own air", for Med cruise to Rome/from Istanbul. We received $864.pp,saved the 75$pp deviation fee, and transfers are never available I was told for even deviation passengers(unless you stay at their hotels), so that was 140$ each transfer fees (which we will need transfers, but can get cheaper I think). Gives me $1079pp. I did package plan..Air on British Air, 2 nts. Rome (at 3***) & 1nt Istanbul (3***), for $1004 !!pp. Choose own air, when to travel etc. Those of you that keep saying you can't travel for what the air credit is are really wrong. We got 3 nts in hotel and the air for the credit!

If you choose to do an air deviation, and you arrive the day the ship embarks, and you leave the day the ship disembarks, you can purchase transfers. Your flight information must be provided to Oceania, which can be taken care of through your TA.

>> "you can purchase transfers"

We usually make our own independent transfer arrangements, but when we reached Athens on Nautica, May 28, we were very glad to have pre-arranged Oceania transfers to the airport for the next day, since the taxis were going on strike.

......and transfers are never available I was told for even deviation passengers(unless you stay at their hotels)' date='

[/quote']

That wasn't so on either of our Oceania cruises. Any passenger could buy the transfers.

Archived