Anyone stay in Promanade rooms?

We stayed in a Promenade room and had a wonderful experience. No noise, even on the parade nights. The room darkening curtains keep all the light out, so sleeping was still easy. I would recommend these rooms if you normally get an inside cabin. The extra seating by the window is a plus as well.

Hi,

We stay in a PR room last Oct on the Exlporer. We were on the deck 8. The first night was noisy as we went to bed early, 11pm as we had driven down from Toronto, 8 hours. The noise wasn't for long. They had a parade or something. After that the room was fine. But do watch that the room is not over the pub, especially if you are on the deck 6.

I would definitely stay in a PR room again. Try and get deck 8 if you can. It was nice to sit at the window and see what was going on. Gave one a sense of space. And the cabins are all midship.:)

We stayed in one on the Navigator on deck 7. We watched the parade from our cabin and if we had one complaint we really could not hear much. Part of the fun of the parade is the noise! I am very sensitive to noise (I hate to admit that ... I wish it was not the case) and I had no problems. We usually do not go to bed before midnight.

One funny thing though was we were near Ben and Jerry's and I could smell the waffle cones when they baked them. Kind of like being in vanilla heaven. Did anyone see the movie "Michael"? It made me think of the female lead who kept saying "I smell cookies".

We usually have a balcony, which we really love. For the Navigator we got a great price for the promenade cabin and thus were able to take an extra cruise. I would do that again in a heartbeat.

We stayed in the PR on the EOS in June on deck 7 and were very happy. No noise that I noticed and the window seat was a nice plus. For the price I was very happy and have booked the same room (plus 2 others for family) on deck 8 for a December 17th voyage for the Western Carabbean. Enjoy your cruise!

They had a parade or something.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's one of the highlights on the first night!

We'll have a promenade on our next RCI cruise and had one last year, both on Deck 6. Last year was over the Jewlery Store, we didn't hear any noise at all and will report back this year, we'll be over the Cafe Promenade.

We liked how they changed the lighting on the Promenade to match the time of day. In the evening and at night it gets darker and in the morning it looks like sunrise with pink in the "sky". 27 Days to go!

Ms B

PR cabins are a wonderful value. For a few dollars more than an inside cabin you get a "window to the world". :D (And, if you're not careful with the blinds when changing, everyone else gets a window into your "world"! :eek: ).

It feel much more spacious than a traditional inside cabin and the window seat allows for wonder people watching. We were on deck 7 and never heard any noise at all - of course we were down at the parade the first night.... :) .

I might prefer a balcony but if I am watching the $$, a PR can't be beat.

ok this is a really dumb question but I thought I'd ask....

The PR rooms have just a window right? They can't be opened can they?

Thanks

It has a bay window that cannot be opened. RCI wisely evaluated its customer base and decided we probably shouldn't be trusted with windows that we could open and then fall out of. :D You know - those pesky lawsuits. ;)

I have been in Deck 7 Promenade and found there to be very little noise (than the muffled noise of the parade). I did like the little bit of extra room with the bay window and window seat; however, I noticed the novelty wore off after a couple of days with the "city view" window. If it is only a very small upcharge, it is a nice change of pace. On my next cruise (Voyager Class) I decided to go back to a traditional inside because I prefer to hear as well as see the people when watching. My DW was also a little concerned about being an exibitionist with other PR directly across looking in unless the drapes are closed. I am also a value shopper and I thought my money would be better spent elsewhere. It is a nice novelty to try once.

We're making plans to go on the Liberty of the Seas next August and want to have a Promenade cabin, but I'm not sure what deck would be best. I had heard that Deck 8 was the best choice, but I thought perhaps that might be too far away from the Royal Promenade to see the action well.

What experiences have people had with different decks for PR cabins?

We have had a PR room many times. I LOVE the PR rooms. We have one again in a couple weeks.

We are VERY easy going and like to stay up late.

The only time we ever had a problem with noise was on the Adventure of the Seas. They had "Latin Night" at one of the bars below the Pursers Desk. ( Deck 4) we were in a PR on Deck 7 mid ship and the noise was so bad we actually called the Pursers desk to complain. That was the only time we had a problem with noise.

Bobbie

First time on RCCL and enjoyed our PR stateroom. The window gave you a sense of a roomier cabin, in addition to extra seating and a place to throw your stuff when you walk in. Fun to watch the parades and people watch. We were on deck 8 and the first night trying to go to bed early after being thoroughly exhausted from our travel day was next to impossible, until after the parade ended. Other than the parade nights, no noise and I would definitely do a PR room again. Loved, loved, loved NOS! Have fun. :D

Archived