movie under the stars

refman

i`m not sure if there has been a previous post on this subject, but can those who have experienced the movie under the stars please comment on how enjoyable it was or was`nt, it may be the difference between chosing NCL or PRINCESS. thanx in advance for all replies.

I can't imagine picking a cruise based on whether it has MUTS or not. If the ship has it and you enjoy outdoor movies, then it's fine. My experience with MUTS was one night when it was raining and we had to go under the decking... the sound was awful so I gave up after about 30 minutes. I also watched a movie during the day (Back to the Future) and it was enjoyable but I was one of the few watching. Most people were doing other things.

I'd much rather have a ship with a dedicated movie theater.

I can't imagine picking a cruise based on whether it has MUTS or not. If the ship has it and you enjoy outdoor movies, then it's fine. My experience with MUTS was one night when it was raining and we had to go under the decking... the sound was awful so I gave up after about 30 minutes. I also watched a movie during the day (Back to the Future) and it was enjoyable but I was one of the few watching. Most people were doing other things.

I'd much rather have a ship with a dedicated movie theater.

Amen, sister…on all of your points.

Really enjoyed it. It is best in the evening when the only people around are those that are trying to watch the movie. But, it is hit or miss as to whether or not the evening movie will be something you want to watch. Out of 7 nights last week, I only found two movies that I wanted to see.

My husband and I (30's) love movies and fell in love with MUTS on the Grand Princess when it was first introduced on her. We have taken several cruises since and always pick a ship with MUTS. We've even held off on Alaska because of the lack of it. We will eventually cruise on other iteneraries w/o it, but for now it's an integral part of our vacation experience. We are out watching a movie usally five nights out of the seven. Did I mention we love movies? Besides, who wouldn't want to watch a movie out in the open ocean breeze where you can look up and see the stary sky overhead and realize there's no vacation in the world like the one you are on! Nothing can be better in our opinion.

I can't imagine picking a cruise based on whether it has MUTS or not.

Couldn't agree with you more. There are so many things that are so much more important to me than whether there's MUTS. That said, my DDs really enjoyed it on our Caribbean Princess cruise a few weeks ago.

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

We cruised on the Grand last fall in the Meditarranean. It really was a wonderfully relaxing way to end a busy sightseeing day. It was October and the evenings were a little cool. But with the wool blankets and lounge chairs, and of course, a little cognac, it was perfect! Which other ships offer Movies Under The Stars?

My husband is an electronic engineer, and he absolutely LOVED it! We were on the Grand Princess last year, and MUTS is very romantic-sort of like the old drive-in movie days, but with better sound. I watched Casablanca one afternoon. Ahhh! Everybody was singing along with "Sam" -You must remember this....:)

Archived