Tours from Southampton

Disembarking in Southampton, UK, we are heading for London for a couple days post cruise. As a party of six, I really don't want to use the transfer service provided by the ship, it is expensive, considering it drops us at Victoria Station, and won't give us the opportunity to see the sights. Does anyone know of tour operators and/or taxi services from Southampton that will then leave us at our hotel in London? :confused:

There are so many taxis located at the port of Southampton. But they charge double outside Southampton. My recommedation would be to take the taxi to Bus Station and take the bus to Lodon. Bus costs approx. 12p per person. Or you can also take a train to Victoria station. Or try this link. [url="http://shore-excursions.net/"]http://shore-excursions.net/[/url]

The fast trains from Southampton to London actually go to Waterloo station. As long as you can handle your luggage onto and off a train, that is by far the best way of getting to central London in terms of time taken and cost.

Thanks for your suggestions. I emailed shore-excusions.net for info and will look into the train schedules (however, I am traveling with 2 senior citizens, so lugging the luggage might be a problem).

Archived