Enough time? Return flight, Miami

I am hoping someone will know this! I would like to book a return flight from Miami at 11:05 a.m. Is there enough time to get to the airport from the cruise ship, which debarks in Port Miami? Thank you.

We have an 11:35 flight home. I am planning on doing self-debarkation and also praying that we come back to port on time with no hassles, custom problems, whatever other problems could go wrong. I know that there is some risk to this, but it is a risk that I am willing to take.

So to answer your question, yes that is enough time as long as everything goes smoothly. Although many people will recommend against it. Sometimes things don't go smoothly.

I am hoping someone will know this! I would like to book a return flight from Miami at 11:05 a.m. Is there enough time to get to the airport from the cruise ship, which debarks in Port Miami? Thank you.

You may make it, and you may not.

I would suggest booking flights after 12:00pm. You would need to be at the airport at least an hour prior to take off which would put the time at 10:05am :confused: I would think you are cutting it too close.

I'm sure there are people out there that will say they have made it on time, but I think it's too early. What if there is some sort of delay in disembarking for whatever reason??

I would think about booking a later flight to be safe.Last year on Voyager it took them hours to get everyone off the ship and they had given us one of the last 3 colors to be called. We almost missed our flight we felt so rushed to get to the airport. Or another thing you may try is once you get on the ship let them know you need to be on of the first colors called in order to catch your flight. Good Luck ;)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

Do you need stress after a nice vacation? Probably not.

We flew from Orlando around 1:00PM last year after Mariner and it did add stress (it was a "group thing", we never would have scheduled it that way ourselves).

Decided to take the above advice for next winter - we'll be doing our annual Key West visit for 4 nights after the cruise before flying home:D :)

Archived