Traditional Dining for 2, will we have to share a table?

rinse82

We've had tables for two on the Diamond and Island Princesses - on the Diamond the table could have been for 4, but they didn't put another couple there. On the Island, it was a tiny table for two. The location wasn't good - right next to the bussing station and surrounded on 3 sides by tables where all the people knew each other, but at least they stopped shouting from table to table after the first night. But the service was amazing - we were always served promptly, didn't have to wait for the big tables and were usually finished first.

Having said all that, I prefer a table for 8, especially on a longer cruise - I love getting to make new acquaintances and, sometimes, friends. I felt a little isolated for 9 straight nights.

I'm not sure how the setup is on other ships, but on the Crown Princess (in both Anytime dining rooms) there is a group of tables for two as others have mentioned. You are a few inches away from another couple, which can be good or bad, depending.

One night BF and I had a table for two and ended up getting into a somewhat delicate conversation - about our future together, the role that religion plays, our families, etc. We weren't arguing or anything near that, but the couple sitting next to us was so deeply enthralled in our conversation that I almost wanted to stop and turn to them and give them a brief background of our relationship so they would better understand what was going on!:o

Needless to say, the rest of the nights onboard we either ate at a table for four with friends or if we wanted to be alone (with privacy) went to the evening buffet. :D

I'm kind of amazed that so many people have had issues getting tables for 2. I've been cruising for over 11 years and except for a few occassions where we have traveled with friends we have always had tables for 2 (or 2 of us at a table for 4) Yes we were offered on one occassion one of the side by side tables but we checked it out as soon as we got on board, went to the Matr'd and we had it changed. I would request your table for 2 in Traditional. When you get on board go to your room and find out where your table is, check it out and if you don't like it let them know. Princess has always been very acommodating with us. You can always change to PC while on the cruise.

Archived