Upgrade if you book a GTY

svetas74

Hi everyone,

quick question: (possibly that has been discussed already)

How is Celebrity with upgrades if you book a GTY cabin and looks like (at least AT THIS POINT) there are no other cabins available in the same category.

Your thoughts/experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lana

There are often two types of guarantees. One that is vague (ie, inside guarantee, balcony guarantee, etc) and one where you book a specific category (ie, category 6 guarantee, category 9 guarantee). I've booked a number of vague guarantee cabins and generally get something higher up in the pecking order within that category.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the specific guarantee.

Lana,

Be aware that others on the cruise, whether booked on a guarantee or an assigned cabin, will probably be offered upgrades for free or for charge. This could free up cabins in your guarantee type which you could be assigned. You do have a chance, but most likely it will be a category upgrade in your guarantee cabin type.

I did, after boarding on my last cruise, request to be considered for an upgrade (upsell). Later that night I was offered a Concierge Class Balcony for $130 total cost to upgrade from a guarantee 2C Balcony. That worked out to $10 per day on the 13 night cruise. It was a good deal and I accepted.

Ok so who does one contact if they want to be considered for an upgrade and how upgraded does one get as a rule? Thanks Nanaand papa

Contact your TA, or, if you are booked directly with a cruiseline, contact them.

Onboard, contact Guest Relations.

There is no rule as to what upgrade you will get.

Archived