Latitude Silver Level

JuneauMe

Hi All,

I recently became a Latitude Silver level, and sailed on the Dawn 8/12. I was very excited to see how exactly the new benifits would take place. On about day 3 or 4 , I began to realise that, nothing was going to occur, so I popped over to the Latitudes desk, and spoke to the consultant. He had no idea that anything at all was supposed to happen for silver. He was under the impression that "Gold level" members recieved anything "special" He made a phone call and could only verify that silver members were supposed to send a "treat" to the cabin. I told him that since this was pretty new, I expected some kinks, and that this was not going to make or break my enjoyment of the trip, nor would I be demanding a "Full Refund, LOL" But I did want him to know what was offered for this level. He was totally in the dark about the whole package, but he did manage to get some chocholate covered stawberries to the silver members on this trip. Just curious, any other Silver, or higher , have a similar expirience? (not you Shore Guy, cause NCL owes you for helping the rest of us get our trips planned and booked, LOL) I'm lucky enough to do another cruise on the Dawn 9/23 (woo hoo !!!), so it will be interesting to see if they got it together.

Donna

June, not quite the same story, but we did board the Sea a few years ago. We got a letter in our cabin about the Latitude party and somehow the subject of how many cruises came up: low and behold they had us sailing NCL for the second time instead of the 6th. When we went to the latitude desk which was being manned by the assistant CD I think. His reply, gee I don't know how that happened but when you return you will get a new latitude card; it will reflect all your stays. We thought nothing more of this, did get new cards, cruised the Jewel last Sept and noticed other latitude members were getting things like discounts in Cagney's the first night, etc; us nothing. When we returned home I called latitude. They had us down for one cruise plus the Jewel. It didn't take long to get it straightened out, but it was a bit of a mess. Don't feel bad, Celebrity is just as bad if not worse. NMNita

:) Hi JuneauMe, Go to the NCL web site and click on lattitudes and you will see the guide for all levels. I was on the Dawn last month as a gold member and I received all and more that was on the guide for gold members. We had treats sent to our room every night at 5:30 from a different staff member on the ship. Being a gold member really had some nice perks.

:) I was on the Dawn last month as a gold member and I received all and more that was on the guide for gold members. We had treats sent to our room every night at 5:30 from a different staff member on the ship. Being a gold member really had some nice perks.

Hi Dy,

That's just it, the staff on the Dawn said they weren't aware that there are any perks for Silver, they think that only Gold gets these perks. I said to the guy, if you think about it...withouth the perks we're still just Bronze, LOL...he didn't get it.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and cruise more, LOL.

Donna

All I know is that each ship handles Latitudes Levels diffferently.

On our recent Crown cruise we were treated like royalty because of our Platinum status. From treats in our cabin, Captains cocktail reception, dinner with the captain in LeBistro, to a bridge tour and a very nice gift (Coach picture frame).

The Latitudes rep stated that each ship is given the option to what ever they deem fit for their returning LAtitudes members.

Pe

Archived