Pride Of Hawaii

gncrudy

:mad: I just wanted to let anyone that is going on Pride of Hawaii that they have no pride! I have been on several cruises and this was the worst service I have ever encountered. I will never cruise on NCL again. In any of the specialty restaurants expect to wait 15 minutes just for a glass of water which will be luke warm, then when the meal finally comes it will not be what you ordered. The last meal we had they messed it up twice then one of the waiters snatched it up from my table like it was my fault and nearly dumped it in my lap. That was the final straw for me. I finally spoke to someone on the ship but had to practically summon the Captain to get anyone to listen to me. They are so understaffed it is ridiculous and the staff that is there could care less about the quality of their job.

We were so dissapointed after waiting to go to Hawaii so we could cruise to see what island we liked best. I will definately go back but not on NCL!!

Sorry about your bad time. Just remember though, you were not on NCL, you were on NCL America. They are technically two separate companies since US Flagged Vessels have to be owned by a US Company.

Take care,

Michael

:mad: I just wanted to let anyone that is going on Pride of Hawaii that they have no pride! I have been on several cruises and this was the worst service I have ever encountered. I will never cruise on NCL again. In any of the specialty restaurants expect to wait 15 minutes just for a glass of water which will be luke warm, then when the meal finally comes it will not be what you ordered. The last meal we had they messed it up twice then one of the waiters snatched it up from my table like it was my fault and nearly dumped it in my lap. That was the final straw for me. I finally spoke to someone on the ship but had to practically summon the Captain to get anyone to listen to me. They are so understaffed it is ridiculous and the staff that is there could care less about the quality of their job.

We were so dissapointed after waiting to go to Hawaii so we could cruise to see what island we liked best. I will definately go back but not on NCL!!

Yet another anti-NCLA one hit wonder.

Gotta start getting tired of these.

Sorry about your bad time. Just remember though, you were not on NCL, you were on NCL America. They are technically two separate companies since US Flagged Vessels have to be owned by a US Company.

Take care,

Michael

Cant say about NCLA but service on NCL its the same as OP said

Welcome to the board. How'd you hear about us?

I just wanted to let anyone that is going on Pride of Hawaii that they have no pride!
Thanks for taking time to post however your very short review doesn't provide a lot of information and doesn't really help the members. Can you provide more information other than you had a bad experience at dinner one night. I'm also interested in hearing about your summoning all but the captain. How'd that go?

Cant say about NCLA but service on NCL its the same as OP said

I see that you are not a fan of NCL and like "Traditional" dining, which is OK..........but you are wrong in your statement. Sorry, but I have been on many more NCL cruises then you have and I have had very good service overall:)

No, it was not just one night, it was every night we had a meal there. We either did not get our meal correctly or atleast in a timely matter and when we finally got it, it was cold and dried up. The main thing that bothered me was that they did not seem to care at all.

The person that I got to speak with did refund our 140.00 service charge but also did not seem to care about the bad experiences on the cruise and the fact that we paid 2700.00 for this cruise. This is my 7th cruise and just was shocked how badly organized it was. The entertainment was a joke. There was none. It was a talent show for the employees which had no talent. There was a magic show that was so messed up he should have been a comedian. He kept dropping the stuff that was supposed to be the magic. They had an older gentelman singing on the main floor that I felt embarrassed for him he was so bad. So, it was not just one meal...the entertainment, the rooms were never cleaned properly, had to clean a clog out of my shower after I spoke to my room steward about it and it was never taken care of. The balcony was never cleaned, I had to clean it when we first got on board. There were cigerette butts and trash all over it.

They had a couple of guys that sang at the pool occasionally that if my dog tried to sing would have sounded better. There was nothing professional or entertaining about any of the shows or entertainment.

There were over 50 people in line the last night that were so upset because they checked their luggage with them and had no clue as to where it was or any confirmation that it was taken to the airport. Thank goodness I did not trust them with mine.

Also we had to have our room key replaced 6 times because it wouldn't open our door.

I have been in the travel industry for 15 years and understand things can go wrong occasionally but this was a total mess. I hope I made myself clean on this email. I also understand this is NCL America but I would never have anything to do with any of their cruises...NCL or NCL America!!!

Welcome to the board. How'd you hear about us? Thanks for taking time to post however your very short review doesn't provide a lot of information and doesn't really help the members. Can you provide more information other than you had a bad experience at dinner one night. I'm also interested in hearing about your summoning all but the captain. How'd that go?

I just can't believe things were as bad as stated. I realize everyone has different expectations, but there are some people in the world who aren't happy with anything. You're on vacation, go with the flow. The vast majority of passengers are enjoying themselves and the ships are selling out. I think it's time we just need to stop feeding the trolls. As someone said before, school is back in session and kids are practicing there creative writing on here.

Michael

Richards World Travel

I think it's time we just need to stop feeding the trolls. As someone said before, school is back in session and kids are practicing there creative writing on here.

Jeez, I'm still in college, I think my professors would fail me if I put this load of cripe on here and called it "creative" writing.

No, it was not just one night,
We wouldn't have known that from your first post. You sound a bit defensive when all I requested was more information other than you had a bad dinner one night. I didn't have the best dinner last night. But that doesn't mean my husband doesn't cook very well most of the time that he cooks. So more information paints a more clear picture other than just the whole cruise sucked and we had bad service at dinner one night.
the fact that we paid 2700.00 for this cruise.
What does how much you paid have to do with it? Not sure what you mean by this.
There were over 50 people in line the last night that were so upset because they checked their luggage with them and had no clue as to where it was or any confirmation that it was taken to the airport. Thank goodness I did not trust them with mine.
Are you saying the bags didn't show up at the airport or are you passing along information about a service you didn't even use? Did everyone's bags get to the airport OK? If the bags were picked up, isn't that a confirmation that they're taken care of because that's what they signed up for?
I hope I made myself clean on this email.
You mean clear right? To be honest, I still wish you had done a comprehensive review instead of a list of this sucked or that sucked. But thanks anyway.

Well, believe it!!! As I stated in my 2nd email that I understand about mishaps and did not expect anyone to wait on me hand and foot but I did expect to be treated kindly and with some customer service.

Also I am not a child, I am 48 years old and am not practicing creative writing. I have been in the travel industry for 15 years and I just want to save someone from the aggravation we went through. There was also a couple on their 30th year anniversary and the lady was almost in tears because her vacation was so BAD!!! Now, that is sad. Also, I did go with the flow and overlooked alot of the problems until the 4th and 5th day when it got worse and we could not even get a decent dinner. We usually tried to eat before we got back on the ship the food and service was so bad. That is in our cruise fare and should not have to be purchasing dinner before we get back on the ship.

I guess your commisions are pretty good for selling NCL so that is why you are writing on here to begin with! You should have an open mind and hopefully warn your clients or atleast let them know that there are major problems in Hawaii on NCL America.

I just can't believe things were as bad as stated. I realize everyone has different expectations, but there are some people in the world who aren't happy with anything. You're on vacation, go with the flow. The vast majority of passengers are enjoying themselves and the ships are selling out. I think it's time we just need to stop feeding the trolls. As someone said before, school is back in session and kids are practicing there creative writing on here.

Michael

Richards World Travel

What...are you getting commissions NCL??? You are the one that sounds defensive

We wouldn't have known that from your first post. You sound a bit defensive when all I requested was more information other than you had a bad dinner one night. I didn't have the best dinner last night. But that doesn't mean my husband doesn't cook very well most of the time that he cooks. So more information paints a more clear picture other than just the whole cruise sucked and we had bad service at dinner one night. What does how much you paid have to do with it? Not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying the bags didn't show up at the airport or are you passing along information about a service you didn't even use? Did everyone's bags get to the airport OK? If the bags were picked up, isn't that a confirmation that they're taken care of because that's what they signed up for? You mean clear right? To be honest, I still wish you had done a comprehensive review instead of a list of this sucked or that sucked. But thanks anyway.

Curious when and which ship you rec such poor service on? I've taken several NCL cruises and never had problems.

thanks

-Monte

you are so right, we all know GB takes every opportunity to blast NCL; I can't understand why she spends so much time on this board if she hated it so much. As for the OP, a little homework and a few questions might have helped with the difference between NCL and NCLA, not to mention what sailing the islands on an American flagged ship is all about. I think we just have another poster that wants to hit and run.

NMNIta

What...are you getting commissions NCL??? You are the one that sounds defensive

Good Lord, you are ridiculous. Every one of your posts keeps getting more and more embellished with worse and worse situations. Please give us concrete information instead of general and vague statements.

I don't know where you got the idea it was 2005. It was 2006. Just got off the ship Monday the 28th of Aug 2006.

Probably because in post 15 you said OCT (which hasn't happened yet for 2006)

-Monte

I also understand this is NCL America but I would never have anything to do with any of their cruises...NCL or NCL America!!!

Would you say the same thing about Cunard, Princess and HAL if you had a bad cruise on Carnival? All of these lines are owned by the same corporation, so would you assume that they're all the same? And would you refuse to sail on all of these lines because of one bad experience on one of their ships?

Archived