Pride Of Hawaii

gncrudy

SPIRIT DEC JAN06.Maybe your cruise was better,or maybe we have different opinion about good service.

Gee, but that reply comes across as snippy (maybe we have different opinion about good service)!

Sorry I asked.

-Monte

Look, all I tried to do was let someone with a really special occasion know information about our cruise. I did not realize I would be attacked verbally by people that are obviously connected to the cruise line itself.

I spoke to several people and not one person had a good experience on that ship for this sailing. It is a very beautiful ship but without service it does not matter.

Good Lord, you are ridiculous. Every one of your posts keeps getting more and more embellished with worse and worse situations. Please give us concrete information instead of general and vague statements.

Look, all I tried to do was let someone with a really special occasion know information about our cruise. I did not realize I would be attacked verbally by people that are obviously connected to the cruise line itself.

I spoke to several people and not one person had a good experience on that ship for this sailing. It is a very beautiful ship but without service it does not matter.

Yup, we are all on the payroll of NCL, you got us you sly dog!

Colin and I are homies ya know?

Or maybe we can see the complete BS in every one of your posts.

Lets poll the audience and find out which one shall we?

Let's see - first you tell us you cruised in OCT then you say you cruised in AUG.

Now you say that anyone who questions you is "obviously connected to the cruiseline itself".

It would be nice to see ANY information in your posts than could be even vaguely useful to anyone rather than a bunch of ridiculous attacks on fellow posters and obvious contradictions.

Gee, but that reply comes across as snippy (maybe we have different opinion about good service)!

Sorry I asked.

-Monte

well ...:D

you tell me if we had a good service:

1.had to ask to put 2 beds together 4 times during first day

2.room was never vacuumed(had sand on the floor)

3.some days room was not done even after lunch

4.shower drain pluged (yes,we did tell about this problem),but not they did not fix it:confused:

5.towel animals 3 times during 10 days cruise(no I dont care at all,but or you make them or you dont)

6.waiter said:"bombo cloth" any time he turned around with order(not only for us we could hear him for other table too)

7.FOOD....we are very easy to please we love every food,but this one....

we could not eat(to be honest food in buffet was very good ,so I dont know if its a differen chef problem or cruise line wants you to go to extra paid restaurants))

8.dont even get me started with cruise director ......

9.last day at sea was no music no activities in pool till 3 p.m

I can go on and on,but sorry I am at work:D

OH btw, it would be kinda hard to take a cruise on POH from Aug 19-28 becuase the ship was out from the 21st to the 28th.

I know, I know - they were on the ship from Oct 19 2005 until Aug 28th 2006 - it explains EVERYTHING!

well ...:D

you tell me if we had a good service:

1.had to ask to put 2 beds together 4 times during first day

2.room was never vacuumed(had sand on the floor)

3.some days room was not done even after lunch

4.shower drain pluged (yes,we did tell about this problem),but not they did not fix it:confused:

5.towel animals 3 times during 10 days cruise(no I dont care at all,but or you make them or you dont)

6.waiter said:"bombo cloth" any time he turned around with order(not only for us we could hear him for other table too)

7.FOOD....we are very easy to please we love every food,but this one....

we could not eat(to be honest food in buffet was very good ,so I dont know if its a differen chef problem or cruise line wants you to go to extra paid restaurants))

8.dont even get me started with cruise director ......

9.last day at sea was no music no activities in pool till 3 p.m

I can go on and on,but sorry I am at work:D

1, Not sure why this is such a huge problem requiring several phone calls - why not just give them a reasonable time to do it - it would seem to me that as long was it was done before bed time, the problem is solved. We

needed to have our beds seperated on our last cruise and it was done after dinner.

2. Did you complain?

3. Why is this a big problem? On every cruise I have been on (including non NCL the room was cleaned by mid-afternoon - I don't expect it to be cleaned the moment I leave it for breakfast.

4. Who did you complain to? Housekeeping does not fix plugged drains - maintenance does. We had two plumbing issues on one of our cruises - they were fixed by maintenance within an hour.

5. Huh! - you don't care but you complain about it - I don't get that at all!

6. What on on earth does "bombo cloth" mean??? and why is it a cause for complaint?

7. Food is a matter of personal preference.

8. What HIDEOUS things did the CD do?

9. Would not bother me - I like to relax and enjoy the ocean

What...are you getting commissions NCL??? You are the one that sounds defensive
I responded thoughtfully and I asked you more valid questions and instead of answering them, you've accused me and everyone else here of taking money from NCL. I guess if we don't agree with you, we must be on NCL's payroll. I'm sorry but I don't give any weight to your vague review. Good luck with your next cruise.

One other thing I want to add for the other members. Let's not resort to namecalling and nastiness. We all have our opinions about cruises we take and if the OP didn't enjoy his, that's his opinion. I've formed an opinion based on what I know and that's what these boards are for. So let's not turn ugly. Take a review for what it's worth and decide how much you get from it.

Man...you are very critical. Sorry about the typo!!!!!

Sorry you took it that way. I was just trying to point out the answer to your question about how anyone could say your cruise was from 2005. Personally, once you explained it as a typo I have no problem at all with it.

-Monte

Just a thought here: did you know it isn't what you say, but how you say it that makes an impression? You talked to several; let me tell you, we can all talk to people and by our words influence what they will say: On the Jewel last September I too talked to several people cause I talk all the time (LOL) she is a wonderful ship and the cruise was everything anyone could have hoped for, but we had a couple of people in our own group of ccers who were looking for anything they could find to complain about. They pretty much stuck together as a matter of fact. They complained about missing a port, about the weather, about 2 different tours, etc. I bet they ran into others who didn't like the cruise cause they brought out the worst in people. I also ate with a gal on a few occassions that kept complaining about the ship and comparing it with HAL. I finally said "you really don't like NCL, do you?" She soon changed her attitude and decided it was really a pretty good cruise and yes, she did like NCL. Back to research: if you don't do your homework you have no one to blame but yourself plus what did you hope to accomplish by coming on this board and flaming? Now you do admit it is a beautiful ship. thanks for that much; again, how many cruises have you been on and what other lines? Actually we all work for NCL especailly Cecelia, who BTW is our moderator and does this on a volumteer basis.

NMNita

Still have to stick to my opinions. School is in session in many parts of the county, teachers are giving assignments to write about your summer vacations. Some students have a vivid imagination when it comes to talking about themselves.

Please make sure you read your posts before you post them and maybe no typos would occur, the truth will be read and maybe tones(Inflections) would be soothed out. No I am not on the payroll for NCL, NCLA or any other cruise lines. Sometimes I wish I was and maybe the cost would be better to cruise. But NCL has what we want in cruising and as long as they do we will continue to cruise with NCL, no matter what posters write.

My opinon for the day, maybe:o

I don't think we should be harrassing the Op like this. I think he had a bad cruise, and thats too bad. I'm not saying he's right, but at the end of the day he left unhappy, and felt he didnt get his money's worth. That being said More leave happy than not off the NCLA's ships, but the amount of unhappy cruiser's is to high. I think NCLA needs to market the fact that the time on board is a bit different. There isn't many shows or much nightlife, why because even if they did have it nobody would go. Most are simply too tired from running around the islands all day. I think the people most upset are people who go and has been on cruises to the Carribbean and such. Its not the same it different, and the service isn't the same. It's time NCL starts marketing this!

I agree with HonestGuy about how NCLA is a different type of cruise. That's where a good travel agent comes into play and can match the right cruise up to an individual needs. Unfortunately, some people only worry about the price when they're doing their research and everything else is a big surprise to them when they get onboard. I personally will spend a couple hours with a client at my desk talking about the different lines and what they offer, that way they can make an informed decision. Do your homework and you won't be disapointed.

Michael

Thats what I figured. You fall right into the catagory with the people that were working on that ship. Don't bother responding.

Just a thought here: did you know it isn't what you say, but how you say it that makes an impression? You talked to several; let me tell you, we can all talk to people and by our words influence what they will say: On the Jewel last September I too talked to several people cause I talk all the time (LOL) she is a wonderful ship and the cruise was everything anyone could have hoped for, but we had a couple of people in our own group of ccers who were looking for anything they could find to complain about. They pretty much stuck together as a matter of fact. They complained about missing a port, about the weather, about 2 different tours, etc. I bet they ran into others who didn't like the cruise cause they brought out the worst in people. I also ate with a gal on a few occassions that kept complaining about the ship and comparing it with HAL. I finally said "you really don't like NCL, do you?" She soon changed her attitude and decided it was really a pretty good cruise and yes, she did like NCL. Back to research: if you don't do your homework you have no one to blame but yourself plus what did you hope to accomplish by coming on this board and flaming? Now you do admit it is a beautiful ship. thanks for that much; again, how many cruises have you been on and what other lines? Actually we all work for NCL especailly Cecelia, who BTW is our moderator and does this on a volumteer basis.

NMNita

Archived