Where to stay in Denali & Fairbanks

cruis'n sus'n

I have lodging reservations made in a number of places, but Denali isn't one of them! I'm interested in a B&B in Healy that I've read great things about, and friends of mine stayed there in June and loved it: http://www.denalilakeviewinn.com I don't want to reserve it just yet until I'm sure of our itinerary, because they charge a cancellation fee.

I have a reservation at Springhill Suites in Fairbanks. I got a great AAA weekend rate of $71/night when I booked it this past June, but the Marriott web site wasn't showing any availability for our dates in June when I checked just now.

I stayed at Denali Lakeside Lodge http://www.denalilakesidelodging.com/, which is within sight of the Denali Lakeview Inn. I loved our rooms; we had the Bird House which was an upstairs bedroom, and downstairs a full kitchen, LR and bath. The lake and surroundings are breathtaking! The owners are very nice people. Here is a link to my pictures there. http://travel.webshots.com/album/553114426gpwGOu

We stayed at the Hotel Nord Haven in Healy. Rates were $125. It was very clean, had a good continental breakfast which was included. They had a computer in the hall which had internet access. Also, they packed a box lunch for us for $9 which was very good. I would highly recommend them.

In Fairbanks we stayed at the River's Edge Resort. We stayed in small individual cottage-like rooms right on the Chena River. We really enjoyed it. My daughter swam in the river and we enjoyed early morning runs on on a quiet walkway. They provided free transportation in a van to downtown or pioneer park etc. at our request. Many of the tours pick up directly at the hotel. When we return to Fairbanks we will definatly stay there again.

We stayed at Springhill Suites in FB this June. 2-3 year old property is 'fresh, clean' and great central downtown location by Visitors Center. Lavelles Bistro on ground floor is nice non-rustic restaurant with decent Prime-rib for $25. SS has free internet access station near registration desk. Gambaradella's Italian on 2d is good, reasonable, busy Italian restuarant about two blocks away.

We also stayed at Pike's through cruisetour but it is plain hi-cruise pax volume basic lodging - nothing special but near airport.

Archived