AB Mini Suites on Dawn Princess

cactusrose

I don't get it. The AB Mini's on Baja are smaller than the AC Mini's but are at a premium price wise and availability wise. They appear to be about 365 sq. ft. While the ones on Caribe are 500+ and the ones on Dolphine are 400+. Can anyone tell me why they are booked before the ACs midship, which are 370 Sq. Ft.?:confused: Or why they aren't categorized as AC? There must be some benefit that I'm missing.

We have sailed in both a Cat AC (Baja 406, I think) and Cat AB (Baja 748) on the Sea Princess, which was a sister ship and virtually identical to the Dawn.

I think that the AB's have been assigned a higher category because they are located on the aft and have a spectacular view of the wake as the ship sails.

The only major difference that I remember is the additional sink in the tub/shower portion of the split bathroom. As I recall, the Cat AC only had one sink in the half with the commode. Also, closet space is much better in the Cat AB.

Overall, we enjoyed our Cat AC more. The midships location was better, and the balcony could be accessed from either the living room or the bedroom. That would probably only matter if someone is to sleep in the sofa bed. Although both cabins have a curtain separating the living area from the bedroom area, in the AB we had to tiptoe past our sleeping daughter to get out to the balcony.

Although we loved the view from the Cat AB aft balcony, we were bothered by the vibration that occured each morning as the ship docked. This does not seem to bother everyone as much as it did my family.

Hope this helped. If we sail on a Sun-class ship again, we would probably choose the Cat AC.

Thank you so much for the great information. I do love the Aft location. It's probably not as important on the the Sun Class ships as it is on the Grand Class ships. On the Grand the balconies on the side usually look down into someone elses balcony, where this wouldn't happen on the Sun Class. Of course I also love the idea of having the doors right next to the bed. I love to leave them open and listen to the sound of the wake at night. I guess I can't have both on the Dawn. It's either an AB mini with the panormaic view or the AC Mini with the bed next to the balcony door. Guess I'll just have to flip a coin. . .or, better yet book another cruise on a Sun Class ship so I can try them both out. I like the last idea better:D

Archived