Smokers - which side of the ship do you usually book your cabins

FamilyMan

Smokers, if you have a choice, which side of the ship do you book your cabins?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Smokers, if you have a choice, which side of the ship do you book your cabins?

• Left side of ship (Port)
    • Right side of ship (Starboard)
    • It varies on each cruise, can be either left or right side.

Hi everyone,

I know that there is no such thing as smoking or nonsmoking cabins. On public open deck smoking is on the left side (Port) and nonsmoking is on the right side (Starboard).

I'm just curious for those who smoke, do you tend to book your cabin on the left side over the right side, or it doesn't matter which side?

This is just for informatively only, not meant to upset anyone.

Thanks

:)

We don't book a particular side of the ship but always book a balcony cabin that is at the "end" of a row of balconies. Normally this is either at the front or back of the ship (not aft cabins) or it can be at other locations such as next to an area of non-balcony cabins. It's usually not the best location on the ship but is more secluded since there is only one adjacent balcony. We also book balconies that are completely covered.

Since the cruiselines don't attempt to isolate smokers from non-smokers on balconies we figure this is the best way to be as considerate as possible to our fellow cruisers. :)

Btw, this thread will probaly turn into a free-for-all or be yanked... :rolleyes:

BTW FamilyMan no one is being critical of you, just very alarmed at the question you posed. With only 24 posting as of this response perhaps you are not aware of the mean spirited slug fest this could turn into between the smokers and the non-smokers. :eek: A poll on shorts in the dining room, hogging chairs by the pool or taking your toddler into the swimming pool would problem be mild compared to this issue.

Dear Husband is the smoker, I'm not, but I'm the cabin chooser. I have to say it has never occurred to me that the fact that he is going to smoke on the balcony influenced my decision in any way to choose port or starboard balconies. For what it's worth, I just like the "feel" of starboard, so that's what I always choose. I booked a guarantee balcony for my next cruise and we'll be portside because that was the luck of the draw. I paid for a BE and got a BB by the way - not exactly an upgrade, but I took my chances on it and did end up with a BB at a cheaper rate by taking the guarantee.

Whether you are trying to choose the side with the smokers or without the smokers, I think it's a pretty random thing who you will end up next to.

Archived