Which Cruise????

So ive narrowed it down to these cruises, and im really not sure which one to take. Any suggestions or recomendations would be greatly appreciated. thank you. The last cruise i took was about 15 years ago on Admiral Cruise Lines. So that gives you an idea of what ive been missing cruise wise.

Either one of these 2 partial panama cruises:

Brilliance of the Seas going to Labadee, Aruba, Curacao, Panama Canal, Cristobal, and Peurto Limon

or Coral Princess going to Ocho Rios, Panama Canal, Cristobal, Puerto Limon, Grand Caymen, Cozumel.

Or should I just stay in the Carribean on on of these:

Noordam leaving NYC going to Tortola, St. Thomas, Roseau, Barbados, St. Maarten, and San Juan (only 5 hours docked in San Juan though.)

or a back to back on Crown Princess leaving from San Juan going to

Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Thomas. and St. Kitts, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba. please also see my back to back question http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=405398

Any information on Which cruise line is better, which boat is better, and which itinerary sounds the best, i know that Noordam and Crown havent started these voyages yet, sine they are new liners (or am i wrong?) Thanks again for all that reply, sorry for the long thread.

I would take the opportunity to see the Panama Canal if you can, as you will still hit some Caribbean islands along the way. The canal is an amazing sitem highly worth seeing if you have the opportunity. I did the 10 night Brilliance Panama Canal cruise in February and had a ball. I prefer the Brilliance's Panama Canal itinerary over the Coral Princess due to the fact that it stops in Labadee (great beach day) and Aruba and Curacao over Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Ocho Rios. The Southern Caribbean islands (Aruba, Barbados, St. Lucia, etc) are my personal favorites over the Western Caribbean islands (Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman). I loved the Brilliance of the Seas because it has tons of glass making it a very open feeling, yet elegant ship.

I did the first half of the possible back to back itinerary on the Crown in March on RCCL's Serenade of the Seas. I loved Barbados and St. Lucia as they are amazing islands. If you decide to do that route, try Cosol in St. Lucia for a great tour (www.cosol-tours.com) and the Silvermoon in Barbados.

Crown Princess has not yet sailed from San Juan but it has been sailing this summer from New York so reviews are starting to come out. I had friends that were on the sailing where it listed and one has already rebooked on the Crown, she loved it that much, and the other wouldn't hesitate to sail her again, except that she prefers RCCL.

I think the Noordam may have sailed that itinerary when it first came out in February as it sailed from New York.

Having sailed through the entire Panama Canal I an say that it is fascinating to watch and something not to be missed - even if you only get part of it. It's a wonderful day on a cruise ship and very educational. I say go with Canal hands-down!

I just returned from the Eastern carribean, Bahamas, St. Thomas & St. Maarten. Other then the water was just beautiful, these are still 3rd world countries, dirty, pvoerty and not considerate of americans. I a better experience in the Mexican Rivera. I have not done the Panama Canal but everyone I know that has done it, says it is just incredible and well worth the money.

I just returned from the Eastern carribean, Bahamas, St. Thomas & St. Maarten. Other then the water was just beautiful, these are still 3rd world countries, dirty, pvoerty and not considerate of americans. I a better experience in the Mexican Rivera. I have not done the Panama Canal but everyone I know that has done it, says it is just incredible and well worth the money.

I am surprised you would call these islands, especially St Thomas 3rd world; if you think they are you better not do some of the other islands like Belize, Jamiaca, St Lucia among others. As for not apprecaiting Americans, that I agree with you; I have never seen any people as rude as those in St. Thomas except maybe, Tortolla. That was the big disappointment on our Sun cruise last April. We had been to these islands before, but guess I was blinded. This time I just wanted back on the ship. I still do not think the poverty can compare with many other islands. Our daughter and SIL lived in St Thomas for 2 years; yes, they too saw poverty, but also lots of the opposite. I am not fond of the Mexican Riv; guess it is all in what we see and experience. NMNIta

Coral Princess going to Ocho Rios, Panama Canal, Cristobal, Puerto Limon, Grand Caymen, Cozumel.

We would definitely recommend the Coral Princess and the Panama Canal itinerary. This was out first cruise, and it was great. The P Canal is a must-see. There was a marvelous ship's excursion called Ocean-to-Ocean, where, after transiting the locks from the Caribbean you get off the Coral in Gatun Lake, board a smaller ship, and go through the rest of the Canal. Really worth the cost and time. You get to experience the entire Canal, then board a tour bus that takes you back across Panama to return to the ship, which is docked at Cristobal.

The remainder of the itinerary was fine. Grand Cayman - Stingray City - what a blast, being in the water with these amazing creatures.

Ocho Rios (Jamaica) - we climbed Dunns River Falls - a real fun experience.

Cozumel - we went to Passion Island for a beach day and buffet lunch of native cuisine - nice and relaxing. Puerto Limon - we chose a tour of a pineapple plantation - very interesting and low key.

This really is a great cruise, and the Coral is a lovely ship. You would probably want to splurge on a balcony, so you can relax and enjoy the Canal.

You do realize that St. Thomas is the United States, right?

Since you are asking I would also vote for the Panama Canal........we have done the Brilliance partial in the past and it was a great cruise........we are doing a full transit on the Radiance in about a month we enjoyed it so much.

As for Princess..........we have been on them once and did not have a good experience.........but would try them again..........we love RC but really don't think there is a nickel's difference between the lines in overall product.........

Archived