Honeymooning on Legend of the Seas?

Hi all! This is my first post on these boards. I stumbled upon cruisecritic.com while researching potential honeymoon cruises for my fiance and I. We are getting married labor day weekend 2007 and have our hearts set on a Mediterranean Cruise - specially the Legend of the Seas 13 night Rome & Croatia cruise.

I have read a lot of rave reviews for this ship - especially for families. We are hoping for a romantic trip and before we make it official I would like to get some opinions as to if this is really the right cruise ship for honeymooners...

Thank you all in advance! I should also say that we have never cruised before!

CP

Hi all! This is my first post on these boards. I stumbled upon cruisecritic.com while researching potential honeymoon cruises for my fiance and I. We are getting married labor day weekend 2007 and have our hearts set on a Mediterranean Cruise - specially the Legend of the Seas 13 night Rome & Croatia cruise.

I have read a lot of rave reviews for this ship - especially for families. We are hoping for a romantic trip and before we make it official I would like to get some opinions as to if this is really the right cruise ship for honeymooners...

Thank you all in advance! I should also say that we have never cruised before!

CP

Have been on Legend of the Seas for the Mexican Riviera on a 7 day cruise, never done the Mediterranean, but it sounds like fun! The Legend of the Seas has a Solarium Pool for adults over 18 yrs old that is nice. This, as well as all Royal Caribbean ships are great for honeymooners as well as families. If you want to go on one of the Voyager class ships, you can go on a 7 night cruise on a newer ship that has a mall down the middle and more things to do, but being that you are on your honeymoon and can get away for 13 nights--you will have no problem finding things to do on the Legend. I wish you great fun planning and have a great honeymoon as well as a long happy marriage(We have been happiliy married for almost 28 years.

You will have a great time! Since this is your 1st cruise, you won't have anything to compare it to, and you will be so awestruck the instant you walk onboard! Have a great honeymoon--may it lead to a long and healthy marriage!

I have just got off the Legend in Southampton yesterday! I thought at the time how lovely it would be for honeymooners! Its a beautiful ship and I have travelled with one or two others to compare to it. I was not disappointed at all and thought she was beautiful. Lovely main pool with bar and Caribbean band playing and lovely indoor pool for adults.. I like this alot. Really relaxing and quiet option with snacks all day long at the bar (pizzas, burgers, fruit rtc) plus juisce and tea/coffee complimentary of course. We had a Junior suite which I think unless you want to pay much more, was a lovely size for 2 with a nice sized balcony. The beds are to die for! They are all brand new, matresses, quilts (lovely white crisp linen) and feather pillows. Best night sleep I ever had (this need not apply to you of course!). Food was lovely. Entertainment... well there is only so much you can do and we were certainly not bored! Great choice. Hollyanna (married mum of 2 aged 37 years):cool:

Returned from the Legend in the Mediterranean two weeks ago - that was our first cruise as well. I can only go along with what has been posted above - you will love it! Beautiful ship with fantastic food and service. My wife and I absolutely loved it! Even with a full ship you never feel crowded and there is always room in the many bars and lounges. You can always find a place to be completely on your own should you wish to.

I'd say it would be a fabulous choice for a honeymoon!

Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose to do!

Marcel

Archived