Cape Liberty Hotels

bdruzin

Does anyone know of any hotels that will allow you to leave your car for the duration of a cruise. We're looking for one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and one where we won't break the bank if we need to cab to the Port. Thanks so much!

smeyer418 - you are so funny. That was a good laugh, unfortunately, I think you may be right. I was astounded at the cost of hotels in Manhattan. I'm from Los Angeles, but I travel a lot, and have never paid over $99 for a room, except when I stayed at the castle in Germany, that was $159 per night. When I started looking at Manhattan and the prices started at $199, I booked the Pennsylvania, then they had that big article/lawsuit about bedbugs, so I cancelled that and started the search again. I found the Edison for $210, (and that was a year ago, now they want $350), hopefully it's not too much of a dump. But I wanted the thrill of being downtown Manhattan right at Times Square. Crazy I know, but that's what I wanted. I have two hotels as back-up in case we don't like it or have to change for any reason.:eek:

What is wrong with this hotel? I have read many positive threads.

Dirty, horrible location, high staff turnover (poorly trained and don't care attitude). The only positive about this hotel is that some of the standard rooms are very large.

I would seriously sleep in Newark Airport on a bench before I'd stay in this hotel again.

I was robbed there in 2003.

The entire area is dismal.

They are one of the only hotels in the Newark Aiport area that offers free parking. Think about why. They can't get customers any other way.

Archived