Port of New York

bdruzin

Daughter dearest will be leaving on her cruise from NYC. Does anyone know of any hotels that will allow you to leave your car for the duration of a cruise. She is looking for one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and one where shewon't break the bank if we need to cab to the Port. Thanks so much!

Hi bdruzin:

We just got back from the Spirit on 8/27. We stayed at the Belvedere Hotel the night before and then drove to the port the next morning. The Valet parking at the Belvedere was around 40 dollars and the parking at the pier was 180.00 (monthly rate as we were on an 8 day cruise, it is 150 for a 7 day I think.)

The Belvedere was about 2-3 blocks from the Pier. It was so easy to drive there from the hotel and it was even easier to just get in our car and leave after the trip.

I found this to be really easy and we will do it again next year!

I hope your daughter enjoys her cruise.

If she does not need to stay in the city, she may want to consdier parking at Port Imperial (in New Jersey) and taking the ferry across the river. The parking cost is about $6 per day (at least it was last year). The ferry cost is about $10 each way.

She could probably find an inexpensive hotel in Jersey.

Daughter dearest will be leaving on her cruise from NYC. Does anyone know of any hotels that will allow you to leave your car for the duration of a cruise. She is looking for one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and one where shewon't break the bank if we need to cab to the Port. Thanks so much!

Parking in Manhattan is really expensive. They only hotel I know that has free parking is the Travel Inn. I would park at the pier for the duration of the cruise. It is safe parking and the $180 isn't bad at all for Manhattan.

Archived