princess marketing dept

clay1234

What’s this about a free upgrade??? Why don't they just say that it's a balcony for the same price as an outside? I would think that telling the truth would be better that giving a false impression with verbage. I went round and round with someone there at princess about this over the phone today. The guy sounded about 16 in the first place and could not care at all about the promotion in the that i was asking about. Finally after what seemed like hours on hold he came back with the answer of "balconies for the same price as an outside unobstructed:. The truth in the first place would have saved me a phone call and I would have probably booked a cabin. But if the employees don't even know what the promotions are I don't have very much confidence in a company that doesn't even know what they are selling. Any thoughts on this?:confused:

Welcome to marketing in the cruise industry. This verbage has been going on for as long as cruiselines have been in business. I had to read your post twice because I am so used to the "free upgrade" verbage that it did not even register as unusual at all to me! My first thought was "hey, I will take that balcony for the cost of an outside anytime!" Marketing 101

If your promotion came in the form of hard copy, there is usually a very small print line at the bottom or on the back of a mailer that specifies the promotion code. I have found that if you give them this code it often helps them to sort through the myriad offers much faster and find the specific one you received. But not always; sometimes they say the promo does not exist, or they say you are not elegible, or the number does not exist, etc. Just hang up and try a call back.

Archived