New York to Vancouver

Mountainveiw

I am very fortunate to live in downtown Vancouver. Very early in the morning and around supper time I can watch the cruiseships coming and going, and want to be on every one of them. On my way home from work driving by the TA, I took the plunge and booked our first cruise, then went home and told my husband. We had been talking about it for some time. I did however book his 1st choise of locations. We set sail April 21, 2007 from New York to Vancouver. The deposit is paid, airline tickets and hotel booked for New York. Now it seems real. The reason for my message today was to Thank all posters for the wonderful information and great photos. I will be asking, I'm sure a "boat" load of questions in the days to come. I have also posted on Roll Call in responce to this trip and have noticed other travellers from Canada will be on board.

April seems like an eternity away and I am already planning for a possible Fall Cruise...I have the bug and have not yet set foot on a ship!

Noordam New York to Vancouver April 21, 2007

OMG! Can you take us with you? If you don't we'll hold our breath until we turn blue? (Well, on second thought I think I prefer breathing.......)

I am so envious. I love both New York and Vancouver and a sail around the continent - I take it through the canal - sounds perfect. Congrats!

David

Mountainview...slightly off topic, but we are sailing Vancouver to San Francisco on the 30th of this month. Just a long weekend getaway.

We are coming to Vancouver a couple of days early. Any good restaurant recommendations? Would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Vancouver is a great city for dining. A place we like to go on False Creek ( which is where Expo 86 was) is Monks or Bridges which is located at Granville Island. For a great veiw of the city the Habour Center Tower rotates so you get a 360 degree veiw of city, ocean and mountains. You can also take the gondola up to Grouse Mountain - again another fabulous veiw. If you like Dim Sum, I recoment the Pink Pearl. Not far from Canada Place is Robson Street. Here you will find many chain restraunts like Keg, Cactus Club and Milestones, it is the atmosphere of the busy shopping frenzy that adds excitment. Just off Robson street on Thurlow is Joe Fortes, great steak and sea food. You can also travel down to Yaletown just off False Creek and go to the Blue Water (famous with actors). English Bay offers a wide variety of restraunts from The Boathouse overlooking the bay to many independent Sushi restraunts. West 4th in Kitsilano offers Bishops and on Broadway you will find Lumière and Feenies, both owned by world famous chef Rob Feenie, (he was on the Iron Chef USA and won the day he appeared.) Both Feenie and Bishop are celebrated Chefs who have been on TV and have several cook books. I hope this helps out. If you have never been to Vancouver there are no shortages of great restraunts.

Archived