How private is Sterling's on the Diamond Princess?

JAXCRUISER

A friend is sailing on the Diamond Princess and has been assigned Sterling's for his Wedding Reception/Dinner. Upon reading Cruise Critic's review stating it's part of the Horizon Restaurant area, he's concerned about the "privacy" issue. Can anyone give a description of how this area would be private for his reception? If anyone has a picture, would you please post it. I hope someone can help with this.

By looking at the deck plans, there is also a Sterlings dining room on the Plaza Deck???????? Seperate from the Sterlings Steak House.
I thought the old Sterling dining room was renamed so that it's not confused with the Sterling Steakhouse but the deck plans on the Princess website don't show that.

I thought it was strange Pam, maybe that is the case, but they just haven't changed it on the website yet???????????????? It did sound a bit confusing to me. We haven't sailed on the Diamond, but I was surprised not to see a seperate sterlings steakhouse onboard this ship????????????

I thought it was strange Pam, maybe that is the case, but they just haven't changed it on the website yet???????????????? It did sound a bit confusing to me. We haven't sailed on the Diamond, but I was surprised not to see a seperate sterlings steakhouse onboard this ship????????????

We went on the Diamond last year a few weeks after they changed the whole restaurant concept. They originally did have 4 restaurants that had different themes that was not extra and one was called Sterling. It did not have the traditional sterling steakhouse. When I got on board the 4 restaurants all now had the same menu, bummer. Anyways, they changed the name of the Sterling and moved the upgraded restaurant to the horizon.

To the question as to privacy, I didn't think it had privacy really. It may have changed since July but all they did was close off the back of the horizion and people couldn't get in up front, but that still meant they could get in from the rear doors.

The original Sterling's on the Diamond is now the Savoy dining room. That is strange they haven't updated it on the website, but that is the new name. It definitely can get confusing.

We have sailed both the Diamond and the Sapphire in the last year, but only ate at the Sterling Steakhouse on the Sapphire. Since both ships are the same, they both have Sterlings in the same place at night at the end of the buffet area. Truly, on the Sapphire, this was the worst dinner we have had in this speciality restaurant, but of course everyone has their own opinion.

This past April on the Sapphire there was a very large wedding party there. They had started earlier than our dinner reservation, but were definitely still going strong when we got there. They had them in the area that wasn't by the windows, but more in the center. Since this is not an extremely large area, they did have most of the room. As for being private, there wasn't much of that. Maybe they were there before the rest of the dining area opened, but I have no idea. If so, then it wouldn't be so bad, at least in the beginning. But truly, if you are looking for a private area, I doubt you will really find one being there are only so many dining rooms and then the Sterling's area. I do think you will be happy with your reception there though. Even if there are other people, it won't be that many since it isn't a large area.

We loved the Diamond and I know you will also.

Hulagirl

Archived