International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Sarahgraci

I kid you not...it is September 19 this year. (see http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html) And, of course, my husband is crazy about pirate things right now. We'll also happen to be on our first at-sea day on our first cruise, so this could be rather fun. Do you think anyone will know about it and get in on the fun? I've considered surprising him with a t-shirt on that morning. We'll be on Princess, but I'm sure there are people who will have a lighthearted and fun attitude. Any comments?

I kid you not...it is September 19 this year. (see http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html) And, of course, my husband is crazy about pirate things right now. We'll also happen to be on our first at-sea day on our first cruise, so this could be rather fun. Do you think anyone will know about it and get in on the fun? I've considered surprising him with a t-shirt on that morning. We'll be on Princess, but I'm sure there are people who will have a lighthearted and fun attitude. Any comments?

I am not sure I am able to muster up a comment about "international talk like a pirate day" (is is UN sanctioned?)....but would suggest that you send the CD a note on your first day on the ship and let them know...they might mention it on the morning show and do something around the pool with that theme during the "pool games"

...will keep a lookout for greeting card displays honouring that day, tho

My family has celebrated talk like a pirate day for a couple of years thanks to our son. He turned 21 this year; I imagine he will be celebrating away at school with a jigger of rum. We always look for pirate gear when we are in the Caribbean. Go to deadmentellnotales.com for some cool pirate stuff. My husband flies a "Committed to Excellence" skull and crossbones flag from our 5th wheel when we camp. It always garners lots of questions and some admiration.....

So avast mate, spill some grog that dere day and have at it! Marie

Archived