Anbody actually stayed/parked at Galveston's Super 8?

redfish1

I wanted to post this in the Hotel thread, but I couldn't post (wouldn't let me).

Just wondering if anybody has actually stayed and parked here while cruising and what they thought. This is the Super 8 at 61st and Seawall.

I would think they would have security patrolling the hotel parking lot, at least.

Thanks!

redfish i will be staying there next weekend sept 16th and 17th staying at the super 8 motel i see that they have crusie parking but i have going to go ahead and park my car the carnival lot , i think there would be better security , i have heard at the motels you are just parking your car out in and open field next to the motel parking lot , as far as security , i don;t know about that ..

Some of the higher end hotels have gated lots,most don't.

Its constantly changing as to who lets you park,and who offers shuttles,so always double check that.

Super 8 is OK...It is not in the most desirable locale...Not really because of crime...But its really in the middle of a lot of commerce...Between other hotels,lots of restaurants grocery stores,convenience stores etc...Not where I would stay for a vacation...But certainly OK for pre-cruise..Not far off the Seawall...You can walk to just about anything you would need..

Have fun.

Thanks, brn2cruise! Yes, I agree that I would not spend an entire vacation at the Super 8, but for a clean place to "lay my head" for one night before the cruise, it's fine. Not to mention it's only $52 a night!

I called there yesterday and the woman at the desk said folks park there all the time and they haven't had any problems. There's only one way in and out, and they do have security. You have to sign in that you're leaving your car there with your info, and then sign out when you pick it up. So, I think I'll just park there and take a taxi to the pier. She said a taxi is about $12.

Archived