Rum Point or Seven Mile Beach?? Which do you prefer?

shermar96

If you have never been to Grand Cayman then you might wish to do the Swim with the Sting Rays and be dropped off at Sea Grapes on Seven Mile Beach. This is in the same direction. You could do a ship's tour or private ( Nativeway is good). If you have been to 7 Mile before, then book the Nativeway Rays Swim, Reef Snorkle and Rum Point tour which will be 75% by boat. Driving from the dock to Rum Point is a long drive. The only other tour to Rum Point that I have found is the 4x4 Jeep Tour which we are considering. This will be at least our 5th time to GC.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

If you have never been to Grand Cayman then you might wish to do the Swim with the Sting Rays and be dropped off at Sea Grapes on Seven Mile Beach. This is in the same direction. You could do a ship's tour or private ( Nativeway is good). If you have been to 7 Mile before, then book the Nativeway Rays Swim, Reef Snorkle and Rum Point tour which will be 75% by boat. Driving from the dock to Rum Point is a long drive. The only other tour to Rum Point that I have found is the 4x4 Jeep Tour which we are considering. This will be at least our 5th time to GC.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

are you reffering to the island marketing 4x4 tour because I checked today and it is sold out , however they have a sea-do one that visits the sting rays and rum point

Both places are nice. Rum Point is much more shaded and tropical, but the day we were there, it was packed. There was one or two boats from a tour, and lots of other tourists who had driven there. We didn't arrive until 1:00, which is part of the problem. Next time we are going to get there earlier in the morning. We enjoyed the time we spent there, but there wasn't a lounge chair to be had that day. We did eat at the restaurant there, and it was good. They also have a nice gift shop, and restroom/shower area.

If you are going to Rum Point, you'd need to rent a car (or do the jeep tour) to get there (it's a 45 minute drive each way from George Town), or do a stingray/Rum Point excursion. I've only read about Nativeway doing this, but there may be others out there who also offer the two together.

If you do stingray sandbar, Captain Marvin's will drop you off at Sea Grape (or anywhere along the 7MB area). I would imagine most of the tour companies would do the same. We saw cabs lined up at Sea Grape waiting for passengers to be transported back to the port area.

Archived