Anchoring locations

sandbag7

In April, we anchored in Sandy Ground (or Sandy Bay) in Anguilla. Plenty of cabs but did not see any rental agencies. In Antigua, the anchorage was within walking distance from Nelson's Dockyard but a fair drive to the main town. One of the advantages of SeaDream is anchoring where the other ships arent. SeaDream concierge on board would surely be able to book rental cars if available.

Also, highly recommend the helicopter tour to Montserrat. Well worth it, especially if the lava is flowing as it was in April. Capt. Berg also gave us a spectacular evening sail by view.

Have fun.

Jim.

Thanks Jim; after I posted I read your informative review of the April 16-23 cruise; so I guess we'll have to wait till we get to Anguilla to decide if we want to rent a car or go by taxi. As to Monserrat, our itinerary unfortunately does not go there.

It was offered as a shore excursion by SD. Flew very close to the cone and over the rest of the island. The volcano was very active with much lava flow visible, especially at night when we steamed by.

Had to get the album out and have fun re living the trip.

All the best,

Jim.

If you are near Monsurrat on your itinerary - they will surely go past at night on the yacht. We watched for about 1 hour on my last Caribbean cruise.

I just got back from SD2 Rome to Rome. After dinner, we cruised to Stromboli to watch the live volcano. It was erupting every 5 or 6 minutes - but in between we saw so many shooting stars. What a treat. The captain said we were 1 nautical mile from the volcano. Spectacular!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived