C & A Savings Certificate

laginog

So....what's the latest on them accepting the certificates after you've booked? We booked 2 cabins a couple months ago (Platinum) and now Savings Certificate are available for our sailing. Has anybody had any luck recently getting them to take them even though the 1 "month" booking period doesn't apply? If so, can we call RCI...or does our TA need to handle it? The rates have gone up so...it won't help to cancel and re-book. Thanks for the help!!!

There was a coupon last month for a cruise we have booked in April. I called RCI and talked to someone at the Diamond Plus desk. She said it was only good for new bookings 8/1 to 8/31. So I squawked a little bit about not being fair but didn't get any where. She said the online certificates were used for driving up the bookings on those particular cruises that month. Since I already had the cabin I wanted and onboard credit, I just dropped it. She said the coupons we get in the mail though can be used on previous bookings so I made sure I was on the list to get the mailed coupons as I didn't last time. So I suppose we can keep trying. But sounds like for right now, new bookings only!

Debbie

as far as coupons go. The little magazine has none. When I phoned to ask I was told they are online. SO I D/L whatever goes with my 3 cruises thru 2007 & send to my TA who applies it.

There was a coupon last month for a cruise we have booked in April. I called RCI and talked to someone at the Diamond Plus desk. She said it was only good for new bookings 8/1 to 8/31. So I squawked a little bit about not being fair but didn't get any where. She said the online certificates were used for driving up the bookings on those particular cruises that month. Since I already had the cabin I wanted and onboard credit, I just dropped it. She said the coupons we get in the mail though can be used on previous bookings so I made sure I was on the list to get the mailed coupons as I didn't last time. So I suppose we can keep trying. But sounds like for right now, new bookings only!

Debbie

A little clarification on the C&A coupon situation. If a couple goes on a cruise, then both are given their own individual C&A number, providing they both sign up, of course. Whoever signs in with their C&A number on the C&A website will have access to those coupons that are listed and, in doing so, is automatically removing themselves from the quarterly mailing list as well as the coupon mailing list. When I called C&A I told them to remove my name from their mailing list (since I access the site) and use my husband's C&A number for the mailing. Now, we get the quarterly booklets and the special coupon mailings which have many more coupons and they have a longer expiration date. The coupons on their website have a booking window, normally for a one month period.

We were able to have a coupon applied even though did not book within the specified window. I faxed in the request, heard nothing for 2 weeks, sent an email and got a reply saying, "sorry it took us so long," and there was the credit. I think we got lucky, but I also think that faxing the coupon instead of calling made a difference. Or we just got lucky. I can live with that!

A little clarification on the C&A coupon situation. If a couple goes on a cruise, then both are given their own individual C&A number, providing they both sign up, of course. Whoever signs in with their C&A number on the C&A website will have access to those coupons that are listed and, in doing so, is automatically removing themselves from the quarterly mailing list as well as the coupon mailing list. When I called C&A I told them to remove my name from their mailing list (since I access the site) and use my husband's C&A number for the mailing. Now, we get the quarterly booklets and the special coupon mailings which have many more coupons and they have a longer expiration date. The coupons on their website have a booking window, normally for a one month period.

This is exactly what I did, so now we have the best of both worlds! We can check the online coupons, but still receive the coupon sheet and C&A booklet in the mail.

This is exactly what I did, so now we have the best of both worlds! We can check the online coupons, but still receive the coupon sheet and C&A booklet in the mail.

The sad part is that not too many folks are aware of this, as C&A doesn't specify it on the site. Only when you receive the coupons in the mail do you get any kind of clarification.

We were able to have a coupon applied even though did not book within the specified window. I faxed in the request, heard nothing for 2 weeks, sent an email and got a reply saying, "sorry it took us so long," and there was the credit. I think we got lucky, but I also think that faxing the coupon instead of calling made a difference. Or we just got lucky. I can live with that!

Hey Jean, you were one of the lucky ones. We tried to use the coupon off the site, but we're told it had expired and they would not honor it. That's when I learned about the mailings. I received our coupon in the mail for the C&A member's cruise on Radiance next September, sent it to my TA, who in turned called the coupon code into RCI, and we are still waiting to hear. I think the best way is to email/fax them the coupon instead of snail mail like you did. Seems to go quicker.

How do we go about getting the coupons in the mail? Both of us have the C&A number and I am the one that always goes online and checks the web site. My DW has never received the coupons. How do we go about getting her name on the mailing list?

Does anyone have a copy of the quarterly coupons? I don't get them and they don't want to honor the Sept $ 150.00 online coupon because I booked onboard last month. :(

Yes, I have the mailing. What sailing are you interested and are you Diamond? That is my mailing status...

How do we go about getting the coupons in the mail? Both of us have the C&A number and I am the one that always goes online and checks the web site. My DW has never received the coupons. How do we go about getting her name on the mailing list?

Dockman - go on the RCI website, and under the Crown & Anchor Society tab (on the lower right-hand side) click on "Contact Crown & Anchor". A window will pop up where they want you to e-mail them your question, but I called C&A directly - the phone numbers come up when you click on contact us. Have them send your wife the coupons and the booklet under her number as she is not linked to the website yet. It will take a few weeks - around 4-6 if I remember, but you will start receiving them in the mail.

Good luck!

I'm interested in the Rhapsody 8-12-07 or the Splendor 2-13-07. I don't have a list of the different sailings. I am Platinum status.

Neither of those sailings in on the flyer.

The Rhapsody sailings are 5-6, 5-20, and 12-17

The Splendour sailings are 5-6, 5-12, 5-19 and 6-9

Sorry!

So if both of you like to sign into C&A, neither of you can get the paper coupons? I think I'm going to make a telephone call....

Call C&A at 1-800 526-9723 (I know that number by heart) and tell them to put all the mailings in your wife's name and number since you are the only one that accesses their website. Even though my husband pays all the bills (lol) the mailings always came in my name and C&A number before they went to coupons on their site. Then they listed me and my C&A number on the C&A website. I guess they figure to save money they will only do mailings to one name and number at an address.

You might want to ask them who is on their mailing list now and see if it is in your name........if it is......have them reverse to your wife's name and number. That should solve the problem and you should then start receiving the quarterly booklets and the special coupon mailings.

So if both of you like to sign into C&A, neither of you can get the paper coupons? I think I'm going to make a telephone call....

I just called them. I was told that they no longer send out "paper coupons" . I replied that that is not what I heard. Then she said that they do still send out quarterly ones, but that I would get them even if I was getting the online ones.

You may get another answer if you call, just thought I'd pass this along.

Jean.....this is what my letter said that included the coupon for the C&A Member's cruise on it: You only find about their cancelling your quarterly mailings if you receive this letter with the coupons attached.

Dear Crown & Anchor Society Member,

As a Crown & Anchor Society member, you're entitled to exclusive Savings Certificates good toward a variety of Royal Caribbean cruise vacations - and it's once again our pleasure to bring them to you. Keep in mind, the special savaings below are valid until 9/30/06. So call your travel agent. Or simply call us at (888) 446-7908 or reserve online at royalcaribbean.com.

Special Bonus: Activate your online account by 9/30/06 and you could win a fabulous prize! Just log in to the Crown & Anchor section of our website to sign up. We'll automatically cancel your quarterly Savings Certificate mailings -- and you can take advantage of our monthly members-only offers instead. We look forward to welcoming you onboard for another amazing vacation adventure soon.

I just called them. I was told that they no longer send out "paper coupons" . I replied that that is not what I heard. Then she said that they do still send out quarterly ones, but that I would get them even if I was getting the online ones.

You may get another answer if you call, just thought I'd pass this along.

Just depends on who you talk to. I got the same answer when I first called and then when I told them that a friend just received theirs in the mail.........boy did their attitude change.

Guest rfrenchbaxter

I booked my cruise in Jan. 06. i did not receive any coupons until later and the coupons that did finally arrive was for my sailing but not in the time frame to book. I called C&A and ask them and they said no because of time frame so I just told them that I would cancel and rebook! That is all it took! I got to keep my cabin and the coupon was added!

Rebecca

Dockman - go on the RCI website, and under the Crown & Anchor Society tab (on the lower right-hand side) click on "Contact Crown & Anchor". A window will pop up where they want you to e-mail them your question, but I called C&A directly - the phone numbers come up when you click on contact us. Have them send your wife the coupons and the booklet under her number as she is not linked to the website yet. It will take a few weeks - around 4-6 if I remember, but you will start receiving them in the mail.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I have read about others receiving coupons but we never do. I will contact them now and see what happens. thanks again

Archived