Another Passport Scare - Help

Thank you so much to everyone that offered their words of wisdom! I have decided not to renew my passport until after my November cruise. Hopefully everything will be fine.

I am now curious about the American passports. How long are they valid and at what price? We pay approx. $75 Canadian for the 5 year period. Not bad when you only need one or two, but for a family of 5, 6 or more, its pretty pricey!

Thanks again everyone! :)

Schplinky, where in NS did you live??

From one Canadian to another, have a super cruise on the Freedom! :)

My dad have a government job so we moved a lot. I have lived mostly in Newport Corner (outside Windsor) but we also lived in Middleton, Kentville, Smiths Cove (near Dibgy), Truro and Lawrencetown. I've lived in Ottawa 20 years now.

This is not something the other countries are imposing--this is an American response to 9/11 and all it entails. They don't care if you leave this country, they just don't want to let you back in!!!! That's why these new rules are being imposed--never mind that you can walk in from Mexico with NOTHING!!!! This whole thing is totally stupid and useless! It causes law-abiding people no end of paperwork and time-wasting, and accomplishes NOTHING!!!!!!

This 6 month rule is not new. It has applied for decades. Almost every country in the world requires that an arriving passenger hold a passport that will be valid AT LEAST 6 months after the trip is over. It is just a fact of life and what one expects when traveling.

And, they can deny boarding if your passport is not in order..

Archived