Queen Victoria Sydney - Southampton

roscoe39

Hi., looking at booking the QV from Sydney in 2008 and doing the last half of the world cruise through to Southhampton. Im reasonably independant and will be doing the cruise alone though am a little hesitant about this length of time (58 days) on the ship as a single .. and yes taking into account you meet people along the way.

Also between doing half the world cruise in 2008 and waiting a year and doing the full world cruise but hopefully on the QE2 what would your choice be? Is doing the maiden world cruise with QV really worth it..? DO other maiden cruisers find the experience that much better than doing a subsequent cruise?The QE2 is my first choice however am wonderring if she will do another full world cruise if the QV is a success in 2007. Ive currenty got a booking on the QE2 2007 from Singapore to Southampton but work contraints look as though I may not be able to go and the cancellation date for me is the beginning of November.

Hi, I am thinking of booking the full world cruise on QV Jan 2008 - however I have not cruised before, so I am not much help to you - but maybe u can help me! Not sure what to take into consideration prior to booking or where on the ship would be best area to pick for a cabin as I am a very light sleeper! If I do book it and you also - look forward to meeting you - even tho its a long way of!!

Would appreaciate any advice you can give me!

Im sure most people on this site would have their own opinions on the best cabins however in my mind especially if you havent cruised before and know what your sea legs will be like, the most stable parts of the ship are centre and below...in otherwords I would pick a midships cabin on a lower deck. There is an often quoted site called deluxcruises.com which has deckplans of most ships and also notes their size and if they are noisy or not, especially important if you are a light sleeper though I would doubt that the plans for the QV will be up there yet. Fortunately for me if I am floating on the water I sleep long and deep! Something about the sea air....maybe you will be the same!

Thanks very much indeed for the info! I had a look yesterday on the deck plans and was going to go for a higher cabin and at the end of the corridor assuming that there would be less 'human traffic' walking past and cabin doors to here(I am murder in a hotel for hearing every one's feet and doors!) So its most helpful I will have to think again!

Certainly would be delighted if the sea air knocks me out - if not it will just have to be the wine bottles!!

If you have any other advice for me on cruising you think I should know - please feel free to tell me!

Thanks again!

Ummmm...end of the corridor would make sence except for the fact that the end of the corridor usually isnt...on the plans they dont show you that the crew cabins are located at these positions so you will have people passing your cabin even if it looks like you are the last cabin on that deck. I know that there were complaints on this board from people about the QM2 who were in cabins located close to the night club and the theatre because of the noise..I found the QM2 very quiet, everyone has different tolerance levels. Unfortunately until the ship has been up and running for a few months its going to be a bit of a "pot luck" as to the good and bad cabins. Best cabin that you can afford... and earplugs may be your back up!:D

Seriously hey, as long as we are floating above the water and not below it Im happy and hope you will be too. Its a great way to travel and im sure once youve experienced Cunard at its finest you wont want to go any other way!....

ps...ill take your word about the winebottles!

I cant thank you enough for the info - its been really helpful to me - and I have to say I feel a bit stupid, as I obvioulsy know nothing!! So its a bit scary that I might book it up in next few days!! I noticed you had sussed out who the discounts were coming from - any more cluse as I havent yet - or maybe of course I have but on the sight I went to the quote was more than I had got from UK - that said of course it was in dollars but even exchanging it at 1.9 to the pound it was dearer than my Uk T Agent quote?

I may come back to you with more queries .......hope you dont mind!

Hey...no reason to feel stupid., thats what the forum is for. I only found that particular discount by following the thread under QV bookings and then chanced on the ad using the same wording that had been mentioned in the thread. Its a big no no to mention TA names on this site.

I havent made my booking yet as I am still doing the research but hope to do something about it in the next week or so...if you have any more queries I think you will find that everyone on these boards has an opinion and is happy to help.

roscoe

Also between doing half the world cruise in 2008 and waiting a year and doing the full world cruise but hopefully on the QE2 what would your choice be? Is doing the maiden world cruise with QV really worth it..? DO other maiden cruisers find the experience that much better than doing a subsequent cruise?The QE2 is my first choice however am wonderring if she will do another full world cruise if the QV is a success in 2007. Ive currenty got a booking on the QE2 2007 from Singapore to Southampton but work contraints look as though I may not be able to go and the cancellation date for me is the beginning of November.

I have never done a World Cruise but IMHO, I think it would be better to wait 1 year and do the full World Cruise, especially since you are a solo traveller. The full World Cruise passengers will get to know each other well before you arrive on the ship and therefore, it would be better to be on the ship for the first segment, especially since you are a solo traveller and would like to meet nice people to share some activities. I heard there is many solo travellers on World Cruise, especially on QE2, I'm sure you will meet people and won't feel alone on this cruise.

Archived